Spartin503

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I have comcast internet, I have about 25Mbps down and 3.5Mbps up. A few of my friends have the same comcast package and they are getting within 2-3 Mbps of my download speed but they get around 15Mbps up. Is it a problem with my router, or modem. Or is it a problem with my ISP?
Router: Apple Airport Extreme 4th Gen
Modem: Linksys DPC3008-CC

Edit: All of this data is from wired connections.

wacabletech

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

15Mbps up? Are they paying for a higher package, like the 50Mb service? which comes with 10Mb up and boost? they should not be getting 25Mb unless they are limited by their systems in that case though.

That said your modem is not a D3 modem, so you only lock into one upstream channel while they may be locking into 2 or 3, depending on how their cmts is set up. its just boost speed, once the 10MB is done it will shoot back down to your normal provisioned speed anyway.

Only other explanation is cmts is in testing/calibration mode and will open up for a week or so but soon will be locking back down to slower uploads once the setup is completed, sometimes done when they install new 10K fiber routers or add new upstream carriers.