Windows games that dont work with XP

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Heres some windows games I tried to play but couldnt get working under XP, go ahead and add any if you have any you've found. I couldnt get these to work under XP.
If you have a fix, let me know.

Tony Hawk 2
Final Fantasy 7
Virtua Fighter
Pirates! Gold for Windows (the digital remake)

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Tony Hawk 2 works fine under Windows XP for me.

Have you tried running all of these in Compatibility mode?

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

BGates2B

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Crappy game, but.....

Sammy Sosa High Heat Baseball 2001 doesn't run on XP, even in compatibility mode.

Did Weird Al write "It's all about the Pentiums" about me?

dhlucke

Polypheme
Have you tried running them in compatability mode? You can choose to run them in a previous OS environment ie win 9x...

<font color=red>First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.</font color=red><font color=blue>

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Haven't tried Pirates yet. But you're suckin on FF7. If you can find a savegame that's past the chocobo races/sub/snowboard games, you're in there.

Other than that, dual boot can work wonders...

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
yes i've tried compatibility mode for all, every mode.
pirates was meant for win3.1 i think.

i actually do run a dual boot on one machine. i am trying to get all my faves to work under xp so i dont have to look backwards as far as my os goes.

I can sacrifice most. Funny thing is I get Pirates (the EGA version) to work great under xp but the windows version doesnt want to go.

I can get most every dos game to work like its under dos in xp.. I've actually had more problems with older windows software.

As far as tony hawk 2, I noticed on the th2 webpage there is a new version of the executable for windows xp/2000 but it didnt work for me when i tried it.

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?