Sign in with
Your question

Admin Rights

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
February 16, 2010 3:50:59 PM

IS there any way to get 7 to quit nagging me about Admin rights, especially since I am the Admin

More about : admin rights

a b $ Windows 7
February 16, 2010 4:04:23 PM

Turn off all of UAC I believe will do it. The option is "Never Notify" which turns off all UAC notification prompts. This is when security is not a priority and users work in a trusted environment with programs that are not certified for Windows 7 (usually because they do not support UAC).

Use at your own risk, though!
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
February 16, 2010 4:26:57 PM

Turning off UAC means that anything you run while signed on to the Administrator account will have full administrative rights. That's an invitation to infection by viruses and other malware...
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 16, 2010 4:28:45 PM

sminlal said:
Turning off UAC means that anything you run while signed on to the Administrator account will have full administrative rights. That's an invitation to infection by viruses and other malware...

Yup, but I guess Number13 (wow, lucky 13 in that name - omen?) doesn't care. Hence, my "use at your own risk" statement. ;) 

I myself have gotten use to UAC and find it not as intrusive and annoying as it was under Vista.
m
l
February 16, 2010 10:01:04 PM

It really shouldn't be that much of a problem. I find it very useful, as it once notified me when some malware was trying to run. Knowing I did not start it, I denied permission.
m
l
!