Admin Rights

IS there any way to get 7 to quit nagging me about Admin rights, especially since I am the Admin
4 answers Last reply
More about admin rights
  1. Turn off all of UAC I believe will do it. The option is "Never Notify" which turns off all UAC notification prompts. This is when security is not a priority and users work in a trusted environment with programs that are not certified for Windows 7 (usually because they do not support UAC).

Use at your own risk, though!
  2. Turning off UAC means that anything you run while signed on to the Administrator account will have full administrative rights. That's an invitation to infection by viruses and other malware...
  3. sminlal said:
    Turning off UAC means that anything you run while signed on to the Administrator account will have full administrative rights. That's an invitation to infection by viruses and other malware...

Yup, but I guess Number13 (wow, lucky 13 in that name - omen?) doesn't care. Hence, my "use at your own risk" statement. ;)

I myself have gotten use to UAC and find it not as intrusive and annoying as it was under Vista.
  4. It really shouldn't be that much of a problem. I find it very useful, as it once notified me when some malware was trying to run. Knowing I did not start it, I denied permission.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7