halfgaar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2002
Hi y'all,

Can anybody tell me some experiences with innovatek watercooling systems? Systems that are installed as the 3rd THG video shows.

I was particulary interessted in leakage-problems. How often does that happen?

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary code and those who don't.

svol

Champion
I don't have the Innovatek watercooling but a self build one... but the Innovatek waterccoling looks good.

I never got leaks beside the fact that my modded waterblock wasn't watertight the first time I tried it. As long as you properly connect all tubes and make sure they can't get loose easily leaks wont be a problem.

And if you put on the watercooling for the first time installed in your case you just don't connect the PC to the power source and let the watercooler run for some while. If you then get leaks you can just dry the hardware and use it again after some hours.

My CPU runs so hot the arctic silver undergoes nuclear fusion :eek: .

halfgaar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2002
How long have you had watercooling now?

You bring up a point a hear very different things about. You're saying that leakage isn't such a big problem, as long as your computer is turned off? I plan to use destilled water with an anti-corrosion luiquid mixed in as a coolant. How will that harm the system when it leaks, whether is on or off?

svol

Champion
I have watercooling for 9 months now... and I redesigned it a couple of times during those 9 months.

I got leaks 2 times both with normal tab water and one time with Waterwetter in it. I just made all the components dry with some paper and then let the case open to dry for some hours. That way all liquid is gone when turning on the system again.
If you got a leak when running the system with destilled water (and then I mean real destilled water... not water where the Ca ions are removed with Na ions) and non conducting coolant you wont get any short circuits before the water took up some conducting ions again.

But if you test the system a couple of hours when build inside your case and watch closely if there are any small leaks on the places you connected the tubes. The chance of leaks will then be extremly small. Letting the filled up watercooling rest for some hours and then checking for air bulbs inside can also reveal leaks.

halfgaar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2002
Your only problem was your modded waterblock? All of those 3 times? Hmm, makes people wonder why you'd not just use a factory made one.

How do I know BTW whether or not I'm buying real destilled water? And what exactly is the difference between demineralised water en destilled water?

svol

Champion
Well it was original a Swiftech MCW-462B... but I put other tube connectors on it to get a better waterflow.
The first times was with the tubes not good connected to the waterblock (pre-modded), the second time was with testing out the new tube connectors.

I don't know if there is difference between demineralised or destilled water. But at school we just use water where the Ca ions are removed (because they tend to react quickly) and replaced them with Na ions. We do this because we use lots of water and destilled is very expensive.

svol

Champion
Oh and BTW it just read your profile (because of your funny name... atleast in Dutch). And I'm Dutch to... wat een toeval.

halfgaar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2002
Dutch? inderdaad toevallig.

Anyway, the destilled water we used in chemistry class was not so good either. The teacher wanted to show that destilled water doesn't conduct electricity. "If I put these ends of the multimeter in the water... Oops". I little research is in order about the water.

It seems that I can safely get meself some watercooling. I just hope the delivery gets here before the hollidays....

svol

Champion
From which store are you buying the parts... XXLCases, FreezingHardware or another.
In which part of Holland do you live BTW? I live near The Hague.

halfgaar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2002
I'm sorry for my late reply. I hope you've got notification on :)

I just ordered from xxlcases yesterday. Freezinghardware has the cool property of keeping the innovatek name, xxlcases calls it klax. But XXLcases' first impression was a bit better. Their emails were in normal language, not the "etiquette formal mails" like freezinghardware. And in price it doesn't matter.

I live near Groningen (No, not a farmer from the north...)

svol

Champion
Yeah I always have mail reply on.

I also ordered some parts by XXLCases months ago... they had fast delivery.

Too bad you don't live near otherwise I could have helped you building it if needed.

Good luck with your watercooling.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

JAGedlion

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2002
The most painless way to find distilled water if definetly to bum it off a friend in the electronics industry, thats how I get mine.
Otherwise I too am now wodering, the stuff at at the supermarket labeled distilled water, that isn't always distilled water?

halfgaar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2002
I have no idea. There are so many things you just have to believe when you're buying stuff. But I think that when I go to the DIY market, I'll get the right stuff....