V545 MP3 ringtones - how to?

My Motorola V545 supports mp3 ringtones. I've reencoded a couple to 32kbps
and about a minute in length but I can't get them onto my phone. I've tried
Mobile Phonetools and it doesn't want to transfer any files at all, mp3 or
midi as every file I try it says it is an unsupported file format, even
MPT's sample ones. I've also tried Coding Workshop's Polyphonic Wizard, and
while it transfers midi's and gifs great via a WAP server, it doesn't seem
to support mp3s.

What programs can I use to transfer mp3 ringtones to my V545?

Harry

The little things are bigger than the big things
1 answer Last reply
More about v545 ringtones

    harry.wj wrote:
    > My Motorola V545 supports mp3 ringtones. I've reencoded a couple to 32kbps
    > and about a minute in length but I can't get them onto my phone. I've tried
    > Mobile Phonetools and it doesn't want to transfer any files at all, mp3 or
    > midi as every file I try it says it is an unsupported file format, even
    > MPT's sample ones. I've also tried Coding Workshop's Polyphonic Wizard, and
    > while it transfers midi's and gifs great via a WAP server, it doesn't seem
    > to support mp3s.
    >
    > What programs can I use to transfer mp3 ringtones to my V545?
    >
    > Harry

    > The little things are bigger than the big things

    How are you connecting to the phone? I use bluetooth (with the widcomm
    4.01 stack).

    To transfer mp3's to the phone I simply browse to the "audio" directory
    using the obex file transfer profile and drag 'n drop the mp3's into it.
    See my recent posts about connecting with bluetooth on the v545. Then
    you can select the file in the sounds menu and setting it as a ringtone
    s one of the options on the middle button menu.

    This site has some info on how to install the 4.01 widcomm stack:

    http://brobin111.blogspot.com/

    Mobile phone tools provides a "mobile explorer" app in the multimedia
    tools section, this should also allow copying of mp3's to the phone when
    using a cable.

    --
    drbob

    OE Users - check this out!