Sign in with
Your question

Realtek HD Audio Problem!!

Last response: in Windows 7
May 24, 2012 8:01:48 PM

So I had built my very first computer last month!
and I have been having some problems when I plug in anything in to the Audio slots they just don't recognize. But I have a USB speaker and it works so its something with the audio slots anyone know please look at the Pics below for more looks.

PLEASE HELP!

More about : realtek audio problem

May 24, 2012 8:25:18 PM

Which audio slots? front or back? Have you tested both those areas?

Also, according to your picture, it seems that you have both AC'97 plugged in. Do you have a HD Audio to plug in the slot?
m
l
May 24, 2012 8:30:37 PM

fantastik250 said:
Which audio slots? front or back? Have you tested both those areas?

Also, according to your picture, it seems that you have both AC'97 plugged in. Do you have a HD Audio to plug in the slot?

Audio slots work they just don't work correctly front or back and i can plug in either HD audio or AC'97 but I have HD audio plugged in I have tried both. also if you noticed in the pics I have something plugged in to the front green and it says pinks plugged in.

and as well when I plug in something in the Back (Pink) it shows up as a Speaker Out (Black)

So confusing I know!
m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2012 8:33:19 PM

By not working correctly, are you saying the sound stutters or breaks? I would leave the HD audio plugged in only. And have you updated your drivers?
m
l
May 24, 2012 8:37:01 PM

fantastik250 said:
By not working correctly, are you saying the sound stutters or breaks? I would leave the HD audio plugged in only. And have you updated your drivers?

There is no sound at all unless I use the USB speaker I only have the HD plugged in and I have updated the drivers uninstalled them updated them again and everything. Weird thing is that they worked like 1 time!
m
l
May 24, 2012 8:42:16 PM

Okay, have you unplugged your USB speaker and tried your audio jacks?

Also you may want to check in the control panel "Sound." It will have a list of your playback devices. See if any have been disabled and/or check by right clicking to set a default device.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 24, 2012 8:48:05 PM

start by checkingthe bios setting..to see that there are any settings other then turning on or off the sound chipset and or the header. on the rear port sound out is the green one. have you tried a pair of standard headphones to see if the audio software is working right?? the last thing to check it a long shot but see if with your mb and sound card see if you can fine out the pin info for the ac97 and hd connector. it may be a simple thing as the cable on backwards on one end or someone miss wired the front header cable.
m
l
May 24, 2012 8:52:37 PM

+1 smorizio, as I did not think of miswire or plugging into the wrong input.
m
l
!