Freeze after CD Burn

kye199

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2001
Hey all,

I got an MP3 cd player in my car so I've been creating a lot of MP3 cds to listen to. When I make a data mp3 cd the cd burns fine, but at the end of the burning process whatever CD software I'm using freezes. I've tried Nero, Roxio, and a few other and the cd creates fine up to 100% but then freezes. The cds create fine, but I have to restart my computer after every cd made, which sucks.

My burner is connected through a Promise Ultra 100 TX2, but it's never given me problems before.

Running win2k pro
768 PC2100
1.4 AMD Thunderbird

Now we're rockin like dokken!

A few questions for you; Are you going through a program like Music Match Jukebox to make the burns, and whats the brand of the CDRW you're using, and does the burner have buffer underun protection? Lastly you mention 768Mb Ram, so that means you have more than one stick of Ram, are they all the same or made by different manufacturers, and have you received any errors when the burn stops.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.

kye199

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2001
4ryan6,

I'm using Nero 5.5 (or whatever the latest version is) I have Taiyo Yuden CD-rs which are supposedly one of the best. My cd burner is a 6 month old LiteOn and it does have buffer underun. Both my sticks of RAM are Crucial, and no I get no errors after burning, Nero just says, Burn Process complete @ 40x. and is frozen at that screen and my cd burner locks (it won't open when you hit the button) I just burned a CD today after rebooting, and it created fine with no freezing, so I'm wondering if maybe Winmx or AOL Instant Messenger have to do with anything (they were running before when I created the CDs.)

Does anybody know of any problems/driver conflicts with those?

Thanks

Now we're rockin like dokken!