V545 (aka V535, V550, E550) bluetooth obex problems

Hello,

Does anyone else have problems with obex file tranfer on the v545? I can
access files on my SE T610 fine via bluetooth, but when I try to
access the v545 I always get a "Error establishing connection" message.
This means that I can't download photo's and upload games. I am using
the widcomm 1.4.3 bluetooth stack.

Synchronization and control using motorola phone tools works fine
though. What is the latest firmware on this phone, do I need to upgrade?

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards,

--
drbob

OE Users - check this out!
More about v545 v535 v550 e550 bluetooth obex problems

    Make sure that the security setting for file transfers is turned off in My
    Bluetooth Places. That may very well solve the problem as it did for me.
    Also, don't use OBEX File transfer for games. Use OBEX File PUSH. I wrote
    up a couple of "tutorials" at http://brobin111.blogspot.com that some have
    found useful.

    brobin wrote:
    > Make sure that the security setting for file transfers is turned off in My
    > Bluetooth Places. That may very well solve the problem as it did for me.
    > Also, don't use OBEX File transfer for games. Use OBEX File PUSH. I wrote
    > up a couple of "tutorials" at http://brobin111.blogspot.com that some have
    > found useful.

    Thanks for the tip. Switching off security didn't work when using the
    1.4.3 stack so I installed the 4.0 stack and it seems to have fixed the
    problem. Browsing via obex now works, though the folders only list
    photos and videos I took, not those that came with the phone (though I
    can still send the in built photos to the pc via obex push), is this the
    same behaviour you see?

    regards,

    --
    drbob

    OE Users - check this out!

    Yes, the locked items in the phone won't show up in the list.

    > brobin wrote:
    >> Make sure that the security setting for file transfers is turned off in
    >> My Bluetooth Places. That may very well solve the problem as it did for
    >> me. Also, don't use OBEX File transfer for games. Use OBEX File PUSH. I
    >> wrote up a couple of "tutorials" at http://brobin111.blogspot.com that
    >> some have found useful.
    >>

    > Thanks for the tip. Switching off security didn't work when using the
    > 1.4.3 stack so I installed the 4.0 stack and it seems to have fixed the
    > problem. Browsing via obex now works, though the folders only list photos
    > and videos I took, not those that came with the phone (though I can still
    > send the in built photos to the pc via obex push), is this the same
    > behaviour you see?
    >
    > regards,
    >

    > --
    > drbob