Sign in with
Your question

Ports won't open?

Last response: in Networking
January 3, 2013 8:56:32 PM

I tried opening ports on my Ubee DDW3610 and only one was able to open, while the others remained closed. I need to open ports for my PS3, yet I was only able to open port 80. I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject, so any help is appreciated.

P.S. The port opened when I inputted numbers into the Port Triggering section rather than the Forwarding section.

More about : ports open

January 3, 2013 10:57:27 PM

Please tell us what problem you are trying to solve. Normally you only need to forward ports to a server.
m
l
January 3, 2013 11:09:19 PM

Ever since ISPs from AT&T to Time Warner Cable, my PS3 has been having problems. I'm getting very low speeds and my games take a while to load menus now also. I also get disconnected from games and servers randomly. When I do a connection test it says I have the error code 80029020. Some of the solutions I saw were putting the system in DMZ (which I did), disable media servers (which I did), and port forward (which I am having trouble with). Almost every other device is fine (the only other one encountering problems is my Roku player). Any help would be appreciated.
m
l
January 4, 2013 5:37:45 PM

If the DMZ did not help then port forwarding will not help either. . .
m
l
!