Help with USB Driver V180 and MPT

I am having trouble getting the usb driver and MPT to work with mt
V180. I have read all of the posts in this forum on the subject and
thanks for all who have posted info.

I used Qwerty's post of 31 Jan as a guide and I can not get the phone
and phone tools to work in either Windows ME or XP SP1.

In Me MPT does not recognize the phone, in XP it is recoginized and I
can see text messages on the phone form the MPT but when I rty to
transfer an mp3 or wav file of around 150K i get an unsupported format
no transfer possible error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
2 answers Last reply
More about help driver v180

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:32:20 -0500, jeff <jeff@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I am having trouble getting the usb driver and MPT to work with mt
    >V180. I have read all of the posts in this forum on the subject and
    >thanks for all who have posted info.
    >
    >I used Qwerty's post of 31 Jan as a guide and I can not get the phone
    >and phone tools to work in either Windows ME or XP SP1.
    >
    >In Me MPT does not recognize the phone, in XP it is recoginized and I
    >can see text messages on the phone form the MPT but when I rty to
    >transfer an mp3 or wav file of around 150K i get an unsupported format
    >no transfer possible error message.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Jeff

    I have been fooling arround this morning with this and now I have
    managed to change things so that the phone is not found by MPT. Last
    night I thought I had partial sucess as the correct image of the phone
    was displayed by MPT, but noew this morning, just a generic image.

    The driver seems to load ok, device manager says that the motorola
    usb modem is working OK, but MPT can't find the phone ugh!

    I uninstalled everything, evan tried on a new XP computer with SP2 and
    no luck.

    Jeff

    jeff wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:32:20 -0500, jeff <jeff@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I am having trouble getting the usb driver and MPT to work with mt
    >> V180. I have read all of the posts in this forum on the subject and
    >> thanks for all who have posted info.
    >>
    >> I used Qwerty's post of 31 Jan as a guide and I can not get the phone
    >> and phone tools to work in either Windows ME or XP SP1.
    >>
    >> In Me MPT does not recognize the phone, in XP it is recoginized and
    >> I can see text messages on the phone form the MPT but when I rty to
    >> transfer an mp3 or wav file of around 150K i get an unsupported
    >> format no transfer possible error message.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >>

    > I have been fooling arround this morning with this and now I have
    > managed to change things so that the phone is not found by MPT. Last
    > night I thought I had partial sucess as the correct image of the phone
    > was displayed by MPT, but noew this morning, just a generic image.
    >
    > The driver seems to load ok, device manager says that the motorola
    > usb modem is working OK, but MPT can't find the phone ugh!
    >
    > I uninstalled everything, evan tried on a new XP computer with SP2 and
    > no luck.
    >
    > Jeff

    When MPT comes up, cancel the dialogs and see if you can at least get a
    generic phone image even if it does not connect. Then select setup,
    change the modem, select from list, choose the correct type of phone,
    and the specific modem for your phone.

Motorola Phones USB