Status
Not open for further replies.

smathis11

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
I have tried and tried to change my Nat Type from Moderate to Open on my Xbox 360.
This includes UPnP, DMZ, and an attempt to forward ports.
My router is a Dlink 601 N150 Wireless.
My modem is an extremely old Suddenlink ISP one. -Could this be my problem? I could probably get the exact model if needed.
My xbox 360 is in my room, and I connect to xbox live with my laptop's wireless adapter, which shares the connection through the Ethernet cord that is connected to my xbox. -Could this also be my problem?
Yes, I have disabled the firewall on my laptop, as I have heard that sometimes fixes things.
And, whenever I try to set a static IP address on my xbox, it never works. I always get an IP address error no matter how many times I have tried.
I am very frustrated with this issue, and I thought I could fix this relatively quickly.
I'd appreciate any help from you guys, and I will try to respond quickly. I am open to all suggestions, even if it is something I have tried before. Thank you in advance.

wacabletech

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012

Only if its a hybrid modem/router which it does not seem like it is. NAT occurs at the router.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

Yes your computer's ICS is a simple router, so you are adding as econd router after your DLINK and this router has less config options to use. Go buy a wireless NIC for the xbox and get it off that laptop. they try the DMZ again on the dlink, that should clear it all up.

No, firewall >< Network address translation.

Probably becasue you are setting the dlink up for static, but the dlink connects to the laptop not the xbox, the laptop would have to be set for static for it to work but even then it will not fix the issue of double NAT.

Get rid of ICS and you should be able to.

smathis11

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

I had moderate nat when it was connected like that also. this is a fairly new way of connecting

smathis11

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

I should have noted that this problem occurred for multiple years when the xbox was connected directly to the router, if this has anything to do with that.

wacabletech

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
So lets separate this out right now, connect by Ethernet directly to the modem, then reboot the modem by taking the power off it and putting it back on [unless you have phone service through them then pen on the reset button it]. after it comes back online, power up the xbox. Check your NAT setting now, if its not good, list the model of the modem and maybe try a port scan to your computer after setting it back up with the router.

Like shields up
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

and see what it says, if there are blocked ports, you might want to compare them toe a google for xbox 360 port forwarding.

smathis11

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

Okay so I did this after I recieved my ethernet cable from amazon. I forwarded the ports to the static ip of my Xbox. For a few days I had open Nat, then it just changed back to moderate. I checked if the ip was still static, it was, and I have all the neccesary ports forwarded. i dont know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.