Sign in with
Your question

Dell datasafe recovery and password problems

Last response: in Windows 7
May 25, 2012 5:44:44 AM

Just recovered my pc back to factor image using dell datasafe. When the computer restarts now I get the message setting up for first use and then i brings me to the log in screen. There are no accounts to use and the administrator account is disabled. Please help.
a b $ Windows 7
May 25, 2012 6:02:11 AM

Did you try just pushing "enter" instead of typing a password?
May 25, 2012 6:04:32 AM

soundguruman said:
Did you try just pushing "enter" instead of typing a password?

Yes, it asks for username/password. It looks like my account was deleted or removed since I restored to factory image and the only account right now is the administrator but I cant log in cause its disabled. My understanding was upon doing this i would be directed to a screen to create an account instead of being sent to the log in screen.
Related resources
May 26, 2012 1:14:32 AM

Hi,

My name is Prashant and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. It seems to me that the Factory Restore that you tried to do might have failed and that’s the reason why you are getting that screen. I would recommend you to try to do the PC Restore (Factory Image Restore) using the steps mentioned in the following link http://dell.to/KTY2az .

Just in case if it doesn’t work, would recommend you to contact our Technical Support Helpdesk number 1-800-624-9896. Also you can post here if you have any other queries and I would be more than glad to answer it.

Hope that this fixes your issue.

Regards,

Dell_Prashant_S
May 27, 2012 1:25:37 PM

Dell_Prashant_S said:
Hi,

My name is Prashant and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. It seems to me that the Factory Restore that you tried to do might have failed and that’s the reason why you are getting that screen. I would recommend you to try to do the PC Restore (Factory Image Restore) using the steps mentioned in the following link http://dell.to/KTY2az .

Just in case if it doesn’t work, would recommend you to contact our Technical Support Helpdesk number 1-800-624-9896. Also you can post here if you have any other queries and I would be more than glad to answer it.

Hope that this fixes your issue.

Regards,

Dell_Prashant_S

I tried both off your suggestions and still am brought to this screen asking for username and password when technically this should be bringing it back to the day I first booted up. Unfortunately I couldn't spend this much time with my pc down so I did a clean install. Thankfully the only driver I needed was the LAN and the driver for my GPU.

Thanks for your response anyways.
May 28, 2012 1:44:04 AM

You can reset your admin password and try again.
May 28, 2012 8:40:08 AM

Elnea said:
You can reset your admin password and try again.

Dont come in here and try to sell me useless software especially when it has nothing to do with my current problem. Wow, you shouldn't even be allowed to have an account on this site.
!