Sign in with
Your question

I deleted some files but they are recoverable can they be made irrecoverable

Last response: in Windows 7
May 25, 2012 8:36:16 AM

hello

i deleted some files from my pc,but they can still be seen and recovered through recuva or other recovery softwares.............

is their a way that they can be deleted completely and such that no software can recover or trace them..

please help me......

thank you
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
May 25, 2012 9:30:09 AM

yokeshi said:
hello

i deleted some files from my pc,but they can still be seen and recovered through recuva or other recovery softwares.............

is their a way that they can be deleted completely and such that no software can recover or trace them..

please help me......

thank you

The best way to make the files un-recoverable is to remove the drive, place it on the sidewalk, and take a sledge hammer to it. Guaranteed to work. Otherwise your bits & bytes are recoverable, as you have found out.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 25, 2012 9:40:18 AM

Actually the more I read about Shredders the more I agree with ksiemb, seems that one not too clever with jpegs etc. according to some reviews. UBCD's format & write 'ones' throughout I imagine would work?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 2, 2012 12:28:41 PM

you can try ccleaner's (from piriform, same company that made recuva) free space wipe option. to try this,
open ccleaner (latest version) > click 'tools' > 'drive wiper' > from the 'wipe' section, select 'free space only', additionally you can specify the number of overwrites from the 'security' section > select the drive's checkbox from drive list > click 'wipe'.
caution - do not select 'entire drive', it will format the whole drive including existing data.
you can also try darik's boot and nuke (dban) to wipe entire hdd. make sure you back up your important data beforehand.
m
l
!