V400 Only works with speaker mode

I just a v400 from EBay (unlocked) and use ATT (Cingular Service). The only
way I can use the phone for incoming or outgoing calls is via speaker
phone. When I dial out, i do not hear dial out tone unless I use speaker
phone. Likewise, when an incomin call comes, I have to use speaker phone
option. I tried master reset also.
Can any body help me?
Thank You

More about v400 works speaker mode

    "Sultan Ali via CellPhoneKB.com" <forum@CellPhoneKB.com> wrote in message
    >I just a v400 from EBay (unlocked) and use ATT (Cingular Service). The only
    > way I can use the phone for incoming or outgoing calls is via speaker
    > phone. When I dial out, i do not hear dial out tone unless I use speaker
    > phone. Likewise, when an incomin call comes, I have to use speaker phone
    > option. I tried master reset also.
    > Can any body help me?
    > Thank You

    Did you try the volume control on the upper left side of the phone? It's
    only adjustable during a call, it's a rocker switch, the bottom turns the
    volume down & the top turns it up. If that don't do it, I'd say the internal
    speaker is bad.

    bamp

    I had the same problem before I upgraded the flex. The upgrade fixed
    the volume problem on the handset.
    Ed

    Where can I obtain the updated flex?

    Thanks

    ed1011@gmail.com wrote:
    > I had the same problem before I upgraded the flex. The upgrade fixed
    > the volume problem on the handset.
    > Ed

    you have to have the Usb cable and the flex softare. You can probably
    download latest and greatest flexes on the net. Be extremenly careful
    on upgradeing your flex. A flex upgrade failure can render your phone
    hosed. Or you can have it done in an authorized service center.

Motorola Phones Speakers