V635 usb transfer sppeds

Does anyone else find the usb transfer speed of the v635 unbearably slow?

I've tried transferring mp3's to the transflash card both in the mobile
phone tools browser and with the phone in usb bypass mode (where is just
appears as an external usb drive). It always takes 4-5 minutes per song.

I'm intending to get a 512Mb transflash card when they start shipping in
April, but the thought of having to wait an hour to upload tracks 10
disturbs me. I know that I can use the xd adaptor and a card reader but
I wanted to keep removal of the transflash to a minimum (it's described
as semi removable after all).

--
drbob

OE Users - check this out!
More about v635 transfer sppeds

    use bluetooth instead. i`ve found the usb connection to be very unreliable.
    a bluetooth dongle can be had on ebay for very little outlay. :-)

    Martin Pick wrote:
    > use bluetooth instead. i`ve found the usb connection to be very unreliable.
    > a bluetooth dongle can be had on ebay for very little outlay. :-)

    I've got a bluetooth dongle but transfer speeds via bluetooth are even
    slower! I've not found usb unreliable, just slow to transfer files. USB
    1.1 is meant to run at 12MBit/s that equates to 1.5Mbyte/s I don't
    expect to achieve the theoretical maximum but 5 minutes for a 4 megabyte
    song is only 13kb /second - 1/1000th of the rated speed!

    I think the problem may lie with my system and not the phone though, as
    another v635 owner on the howard forums says they have no such problem.

    --
    drbob

    OE Users - check this out!

    drbob wrote:

    > I think the problem may lie with my system and not the phone though, as
    > another v635 owner on the howard forums says they have no such problem.

    Other people have now reported similar problems with the transfer speed,
    so it's not just me. Only workaround is to put the transflash in the sd
    adaptor and copy files using a separate card reader, annoying as the
    cards are so tiny I'm always worried about damaging them. It's the only
    (minor) problem I've discovered so far with this phone.

    The thread discussing this issue is here:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=599269

    --
    drbob

    OE Users - check this out!