A7N8X onboard sound

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
I have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe nVidia mobo and I can't get the onboard sound to work. I only have two desktop speakers right now. But I get no sound. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks.

<font color=red>It may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke.</font color=red>

sturm

Splendid
look in the bios and see if the onboard audio is enabled. if it is make sure in windows in the hardware manager that there is no yellow or red indicators. Did u install the drivers off the motherboard disk or use the windows drivers? u also might check the speakers to make sure they work. try plugging them into the cd-rom output on the front of the cd-rom. Are the speakers powered or not? Are they turned on? Plugged into the correct output?
hope this helps.

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
I installed the nVidia drivers. The speakers work.

I have two basic desktop speakers. When I set the nVidia control panel to 4 or 6 speakers and plug my 2 speakers into the rear channel I get sound on CDs. I don't get any Windows sounds. I guess Windows sounds don't have a rear channel component.

So it seems that there may be a problem with the jack for the left and right. I am downloading new drivers and will try that.

Thanks for your help.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>

Maniac

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Lemme know how that works out Paul. I've got a new custom system being built right now and also plan on using the onboard sound for the A7N8X. Should get it tomorrow so I'll post my results.

SR

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
I am pretty sure I have a bad jack. I have contacted my vendor. I will let you know how it works out.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>