Need a router recommendation and advice

lttoler

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
I have had 4.0 MBPS internet for the last several years through my local company. My modem is a SpeedStream 4200 and router was a Linksys WRT54G. This has worked fine until a couple of weeks ago I lost connection and the company sent out a technician. The company said that the I need a new router. In the meantime I am borrowing a Belkin N750DB router and it is not picking up throughout the house like the Linksys did. I don't know what would be the best for my purposes. We watch streaming Netflix about 45 down the hall so I would like to be able to continue to do this.

Can someone give me a good router recommendation? Thanks in advance!

RealBeast

Titan
I use a D-Link DIR-655 and it reaches to over 50 feet with a strong signal. With your Belkin, do you have it set to N only and WPA2 personal with AES encryption? Also, try moving its position a bit to reorient the antennae. You might also want to change the radio channel as the problem may be interference. Run the freeware inSSIDer ( http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ ) on a laptop to detect your and all other nearby wireless signal by channel and strength.