Motorola V265 Ringer

I am new to google groups and new to this forum. a thousand pardons if
i do it wrong.

i have recently purchased a motorola 265 and have verizon service with
their "get it now."

i want to have a ring tone that is a soft femine voice that says, "Mr
White, you have an incoming call." i want this to repeat until the
phone is answered or until it times out. is this possible? if yes,
how do i do it?

if you respond to this posting, please, please, please remember i am
not a geek, computer nerd or in any way knowledgle in techno talk. you
have to be explicit in your explanations.

thanks to all
3 answers Last reply
More about motorola v265 ringer

    rv transporter wrote:
    > I am new to google groups and new to this forum. a thousand pardons
    > if i do it wrong.
    >
    > i have recently purchased a motorola 265 and have verizon service with
    > their "get it now."
    >
    > i want to have a ring tone that is a soft femine voice that says, "Mr
    > White, you have an incoming call." i want this to repeat until the
    > phone is answered or until it times out. is this possible? if yes,
    > how do i do it?
    >
    > if you respond to this posting, please, please, please remember i am
    > not a geek, computer nerd or in any way knowledgle in techno talk.
    > you have to be explicit in your explanations.
    >
    > thanks to all

    Go to the Verizon Web site and find the Get It Now option, navigate to a
    site for ringtones, preview, and then purchase. You will need to
    register a username and password at the site. Verizon's web support is
    very difficult to navigate logically.

    > Go to the Verizon Web site and find the Get It Now option, navigate to a
    > site for ringtones, preview, and then purchase. You will need to register
    > a username and password at the site. Verizon's web support is very
    > difficult to navigate logically.

    Not being a "geek", this is your best option to try first. If you can't
    find what you want, you can record your own or use any mp3 file and upload
    it to your phone but it involves a special cable and software installation.
    Here's a link for instructions on how to do this:
    http://www.cellphonehacks.com/viewtopic.php?t=34013&highlight=v265

    It looks harder than it is. You can ask questions there or here if you run
    into problems.

    Another good source for all sorts of cell phone information is:

    www.howardforums.com

    P.S. Excellent idea on the voice message. I think I'll have my wife record
    that for me!

    Kobiyashi Maru wrote:
    > now, fire up Outlook Express (or whatever) and email the .mid file as
    > an attachment to "yournumber@vzwpix.com". It'll cost you 2 cents (or
    > maybe 10). When you get the message, scroll down until you find the
    > attachment. Make sure it still has the .mid extension. See if you can
    > play it. If you can, hit menu and save it. You should be able to use
    > it as a ringtone from your ring selections.

    Doesn't anything which goes through vzwpix get treated as a "picture
    message" (actually, an MMS [multimedia] message) and get charged $0.25,
    unless you have a pix package of some kind? A bit more than $0.02, but
    still a lot less than the GetItNow ringtones ($1.99).

Motorola Google