[SOLVED] How to delete files in photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonekutter

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
How can I delete a file I don't want? I opened a new file in photoshop CS5, and it ended up as a solid fill instead of the picture I wanted, and I want to use that name for that picture, but now the solid fill picture is the one with that name .... how can I delete that file and make a new one with that name? Also, I have other files that I do not want any more and would like to delete them also, but can't always find them, like with this solid fill picture, it doesn't have the name in the documents where all the other photoshop files are..... thanks !

Solution
Since the file has a name, then type the filename in the Spotlight. Place your mouse cursor over the filename and the path will appear. You can then open the Finder, go to the path and delete the file.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Since the file has a name, then type the filename in the Spotlight. Place your mouse cursor over the filename and the path will appear. You can then open the Finder, go to the path and delete the file.

Solution

stonekutter

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010

Thanks, but I am on a mac and I don't know what spotlight is, when I type the file name in the finder it can't find it... gives me similar files but not the one I want...

roagie

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
spotlight would be the magnifying glass on the upper right hand side of your screen. The shortcut is command+spacebar, once the little window opens type in the file name. This will search you entire computer for the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.