stupid_tech_geek

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Just thought I'd pass this along to anyone who is interested. I was changeing the hard drive's around in my case and the computer failed to boot. I figured it was a power supply problem because I couldn't even get a post so I went back in to see if everything was hooked up ok. After a lot of checking I determined that there was nothing wrong inside the case so I started looking at the ups. I pulled the plug and used another outlet figuring that might isolate my problem. When I turned my rig back on it booted like a charm. At this point I noticed that another plug connected to the ups was not seated all the way in so I fixed that and inserted the plug for my computer and it booted no prob. all in all I think I wasted at least an hour and a half checking every connection in the case and the problem was right in front of my face. What a bummer. If you have a problem like that check to see if all your plugs are seated properly. It could save you a lot of time.

Just another slave to Gatesware.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
I have a 500VA APC UPS and its power plugs are very stiff too... its that last little bit that needs all the force to get in (dunno why)

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>