Adding IDE or additional drive connections

cnapier

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
I have a ECS K7AMA Board and I already have A CD-Rom drive, a CD-write drive, and 2 hard drives. I want to add my zip drive into the mess too and maybe some day a DVD-Rom. I went and bought myself a hard drive controller card and I can't make head or tails of the settings on it. I took a picture of the board that shows the setting for the jumpers but it's a little over my head I guess. Every time I try and set it I cancel out my other drives is there a way to get this mess to work please let me know.

svol

Champion
Can you tell us which IDE controller you bought?

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

cnapier

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Yeah I believe it is a liteon board

I added some more info to my description
I appeciate any help
thank you

This is what is printed on the card:
All jumpers are a combination of 123

This is supposed to be a chart:

mode | id0 | id1
2 | 1-2 | 2-3
1 | 2-3 | 1-2
0 | 2-3 | 2-3
slow | 1-2 | 1-2

JP1: 1-2 enable
2-3 disable
JP2/9: ID0
JP3/10: ID1
JP4: IDSEL
JP11: INTA#
JP12: INTB#
JP13: INTC#
JP14: INTD#
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by cnapier on 12/16/02 11:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Nope. He wants us to use our strong phsycic powers to deduce what his card is and exactly how to fix it.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

svol

Champion
Hmm... I can't find any info about Lite On IDE controller cards on their site.

The jumper configs are a little hard to understand cause the first charts doesn't say which jumpers should be set for them.
But with the id0 and 1 mode selecting jumpers I think you can set the UDMA speed.
Here some more information:
I dunno what JP1 does.
I think JP2/9 and JP3/10 set the IDE speeds (maybe that chart belongs to those pins)
I also dunno what JP4 is supposed to do... maybe that enables ID select whatever that may be.
JP11,12,13 and 14 control which IRQ the card would take (I think)... try to find an IRQ/INT chart inside your mobo manual and set the jumpers to the right INT configuration for the PCI port you want to place the card in.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.