Lite-On 52x24x52 help

Tomas6139

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just bought a Lite-on 52x24x52,$51 at http://www.nexthardwareshop.com/liton52cdret.html. But i need some advice on how to copy to a CD-R to play in my car.I read all the help stuff, checked out a few web sites.I converted my mp3's to .wav,closed session, and it burned fine, plays great on pc, but not on cd-player in my car..anyone got any tips? thanks

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Well it could be one of a couple of reasons, but as it works fine on the PC the most proable explination is:

Some CD players, especially car ones, dont like CD-R's or any CR-RW's. What brand and colour are you using?

My exgf's car didnt like green dye cd's, only gold or better.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
HOLY CRAP !!! 51 bux that is fantastic I was waiting for Newegg to drop from 70 to 60 to get one how was the shipping charge ???

<b><font color=blue>Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most </b></font color=blue>

AndrewT

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2001
I used to have the same problem, car player refused to play cdr (older model sony). went to buy another which was marked as cdr/rw compatible and since then it's all good (newer model kenwood).

But my sister in law's simple factory GM player play all the cdr/cdrw's she throw at it (it's pretty new though). I guess some like and others just don't, unless it's marked as compatible.

<b><font color=blue>Press 1 if you want to be on hold, 2 for disconnect, 3 for a representative who will put you on hold before disconnecting.</font color=blue></b>

JPWRana

Distinguished
May 2, 2002
nexthardwareshop has real low prices, but with their high shipping charges, it makes them the same to newegg. Why do you think newegg has "free fedex saver shipping"?!?!? Because you already payed for it... you just don't know it. I bet also he didn't include tax, so he probably did spend around 65 - 75 bux.

The greatest risk of all is not taking one!

uther

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
It could be because you converted it to .WAV instead of CDDA (or whatever it is called) - it is the standard for music CDs.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
yeah it came to like 65 with the shipping guess I'll just wait a bit more they should drop more at newegg afteer the first of the year

<b><font color=blue>Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most </b></font color=blue>

Tomas6139

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was using the LiteOn CD-R (silver) that came with it....Should it be .wav format or what, I thought I had read that it should....One thing I did, not realizing,CD-R said 16x-24x, and I burned at 40x..didn't know cd media had different speeds...thanks for the help

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
what did u use to convert and burn?
NERO is the easiest. You dont even have to convert the mp3's, nero does it for you, just drag and drop.

Regarding the media, cd-r's are usually certified up to a certain speed. They may work perfectly fine burning much faster. Or they may not.
I have emtec 1-16x certified green cd-r's that burn fine at 40x and occasionally even 48x. But this may not allways be the case.

Nero checks the cd quality and changes the burn speed accordingly, but may not allways be 100% right.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

Tomas6139

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, I used Nero, thanks for the info, even though I've been into computers for a while, this is my first CD-burner,I haven't really paid much attention to anything I saw about one before since I didn't have one, now i'm starting from scratch.