Solved

Can I replace my router with a different one?

What's going on everyone, I hope everyone is having a good new year so far. I need help with my network set up. Nothing is wrong with it, it's working fine.
But my question is if I can replace the router I currently have with a different one?

I have AT&T as my ISP, I'm using a Motorola modem and a Cisco router Linksys E100 model which AT&T provided. Will replacing my current router with an ASUS RT-N56U Dual-Band Wireless N600 Gigabit Router interfere, crash, or not work at all?

Thanks for your help!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about replace router
  1. Best answer
    Since you have a separate modem & router setup, any brand of router (without a built-in modem) will work with the AT&T-supplied modem. It's only the modem that has to be AT&T compatible, not the router.
  2. phil22 said:
    Since you have a separate modem & router setup, any brand of router (without a built-in modem) will work with the AT&T-supplied modem. It's only the modem that has to be AT&T compatible, not the router.

Thanks, wonder why AT&T couldn't say that. They wanted me to purchase the same router (latest model) for 80 dollars. Thanks again!
  3. Best answer selected by M1ch43l.
  4. "Thanks, wonder why AT&T couldn't say that"

Yes, I wonder why? Couldn't be they don't want you buying from someone else could it?
    No, they wouldn't do anything like that!
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Internet Service Providers Networking