Home studio setup!!!! please help me!

I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

Thanks in advanvce

BoB
11 answers Last reply
More about home studio setup

    bcleever wrote:
    > I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    >
    > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > turntables.
    >
    > I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

    I would check out

    http://tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

    and ask questions on the forums there.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    In article <356ed96f.0412041410.53946986@posting.google.com> bcleever@hotmail.com writes:

    > I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    >
    > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > turntables.

    I have a home recording studio and have none of the above equipment
    (OK, I have 3 PCs and 1 MIDI keyboard, but not in the studio).

    Start with monitor speakers and work back from there.

    "bcleever" <bcleever@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    >
    > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > turntables.
    >
    > I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!
    >
    > Thanks in advanvce
    >
    > BoB

    You've been given incorrect information.

    We can't help you at all. Well, unless you actually give us some
    information. What are you looking to do? What can't you do with your
    current gear? What kind of music are you creating? What does "fairly
    cheaply" mean? What are your quality expectations? How does your room
    sound? What kind of monitors are you using? What gear do you already have
    (mics/preamps/mixers). Etc.

    I would think the bigger more simpler question is "What recording experience do
    you have?" All the set-up information in the world won't do you any good if
    you don't know how to use it. And if you do know how to use it, then shouldn't
    you know what you need? Hmmm...?
    JD

    Particle Salad wrote:

    > "bcleever" <bcleever@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    > >
    > > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > > turntables.
    > >
    > > I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!
    > >
    > > Thanks in advanvce
    > >
    > > BoB
    >
    > You've been given incorrect information.
    >
    > We can't help you at all. Well, unless you actually give us some
    > information. What are you looking to do? What can't you do with your
    > current gear? What kind of music are you creating? What does "fairly
    > cheaply" mean? What are your quality expectations? How does your room
    > sound? What kind of monitors are you using? What gear do you already have
    > (mics/preamps/mixers). Etc.

    Could it be that you have everything you need already...?

    --
    Steven Sena
    XS Sound Recording

    "bcleever" <bcleever@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    >
    > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > turntables.
    >
    > I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!
    >
    > Thanks in advanvce
    >
    > BoB

    "bcleever" <bcleever@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    >
    > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > turntables.
    >
    > I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!
    >
    > Thanks in advanvce
    >
    > BoB

    Sounds like you have one already. What's it not doing that you want to do?

    On 2004-12-04, bcleever <bcleever@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    >
    > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > turntables.

    Lose two of the PCs. What do turntables have to do with anything?
    Is the turntable a musical instrument in your world? Do you need a
    mic, preamp, or monitors?

    > I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

    The people in this newsgroup will ridicule you, and in between jabs,
    will give you the best advice you could possibly get anywhere.

    You have to understand that there are people here happily producing
    music with a thousand dollars worth of gear, and getting good results,
    and there are also people here who have multimilliondollar studios, and
    maybe some of them are happy too.

    > "bcleever" <bcleever@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    > >
    > > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > > turntables.
    > >
    > > I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!
    > >
    > > Thanks in advanvce
    > >
    > > BoB

    Check this news group too
    alt.music.home-studio
    --
    Joakim Wendel
    Remove obvious mail JUNK block for mail reply.

    My homepage : http://violinist.nu

    You may consider a microphone.
    "bcleever" <bcleever@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    >
    > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > turntables.
    >
    > I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!
    >
    > Thanks in advanvce
    >
    > BoB

    "bcleever" <bcleever@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    > have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    >
    > I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    > turntables.
    >
    > I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!
    >
    > Thanks in advanvce

    What kind of music do you want to record? Is this for hip-hop, electronica,
    or what?

    jb

    You need a compressor, a preamp, a decent mic, a mixing desk, a guitar,
    a bass, some kind of DI or amp simulator like the POD or the J-Station,
    various percussion instruments, a pair of flat response headphones and
    LOTS of sample CD's

    How's that sound?

    JD wrote:
    > I would think the bigger more simpler question is "What recording experience do
    > you have?" All the set-up information in the world won't do you any good if
    > you don't know how to use it. And if you do know how to use it, then shouldn't
    > you know what you need? Hmmm...?
    > JD
    >
    > Particle Salad wrote:
    >

    >>"bcleever" <bcleever@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
    >>>have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!
    >>>
    >>>I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
    >>>turntables.
    >>>
    >>>I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advanvce
    >>>
    >>>BoB
    >>
    >>You've been given incorrect information.
    >>
    >>We can't help you at all. Well, unless you actually give us some
    >>information. What are you looking to do? What can't you do with your
    >>current gear? What kind of music are you creating? What does "fairly
    >>cheaply" mean? What are your quality expectations? How does your room
    >>sound? What kind of monitors are you using? What gear do you already have
    >>(mics/preamps/mixers). Etc.

Pro Audio Studio Audio