seeking advice on changing from an 802.11b router to an 80..

I have a microsoft wireless 802.11b router in my network.
I would like to replace it with an 802.11G to improve the
speed.

When I get ready to do that do I just unplug the "B", then
run the "G" setup software, then plug in the "G" version,
or do I need to disable anything first before I unplug
the "B"? Assuming that I keep the same network name will
I need to change anything on the machines that are
connected to my network through wireless adaptors (they
are already all "G" adaptors?

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

See my reply to "LoneGolfer". Unplug the "b" base
station. Plug in the "g". Run the Setup software on one
of the PC. It will find the new "g" base. If you keep
the same netwrok name, just plug that in at set-up. Also
the WEP code, as well.

TRENDING THREADS