new song for evaluation - "Bongo Congo"

been awhile since I've done a full-blown song, and it's also been
awhile that I've had a chance to play with Apple's GarageBand . Now that
I've had a chance again, I fired up some loops and >this< came out. It's
jazzy with a blues flavour, and I found some bongo loops that meshed
nicely with the drum loops I used in the piece.

I also did something else this time different - instead of using the
POD, I used Garageband's built-in amp modelling, as I never really gave
that a fair chance since I first got the program. And I think I wound up
getting some pretty interesting results, particularly the clean rhythm
and the bass sound. The lead's a bit lazy and not as accurate as I
usually like to have it, but it was fun playing with that tone.

Used - Peavey Predator Plus (using GFS Rail pickup in neck), rhythm
and solos; Dreibelbass, bass line.

Mac G4, Garageband, Samson mixer, POD 2 (for solo, the rest of the
guitars used Garageband's built-in amp emulation).

As usual, have a listen and give me an idea how I did.....

http://fileserv6.soundclick.com/fastk9/HiE/dandreibelbis+bongocongo.mp3

--
Dan Dreibelbis, Guitar Nerd - Better Living Through Home Recording
Now On Soundclick for your listening pleasure!

    Daniel Dreibelbis <dreibel@EATHOTDEATHSPAMMERSsympatico.ca> wrote in

    > been awhile since I've done a full-blown song, and it's also been
    > awhile that I've had a chance to play with Apple's GarageBand . Now that
    > I've had a chance again, I fired up some loops and >this< came out. It's
    > jazzy with a blues flavour, and I found some bongo loops that meshed
    > nicely with the drum loops I used in the piece.
    >
    > I also did something else this time different - instead of using the
    > POD, I used Garageband's built-in amp modelling, as I never really gave
    > that a fair chance since I first got the program. And I think I wound up
    > getting some pretty interesting results, particularly the clean rhythm
    > and the bass sound. The lead's a bit lazy and not as accurate as I
    > usually like to have it, but it was fun playing with that tone.
    >
    > Used - Peavey Predator Plus (using GFS Rail pickup in neck), rhythm
    > and solos; Dreibelbass, bass line.
    >
    > Mac G4, Garageband, Samson mixer, POD 2 (for solo, the rest of the
    > guitars used Garageband's built-in amp emulation).
    >
    > As usual, have a listen and give me an idea how I did.....
    >

    > http://fileserv6.soundclick.com/fastk9/HiE/dandreibelbis+bongocongo.mp3

    Not my cup of tea...sorry.

    I'm listening to Jane Monheit. mmmmm...good!
    Too much compression/limiting though! Arrgh!

    Roger W. Norman wrote:
    > The one thing you could do, especially since it's such a basic song, is to

    Roger, you're far too kind. Really..

Pro Audio Audio