FS1020D printer

shaharin

Honorable
May 26, 2012
I have a Kyocera FS 1020D that is cutting off the top of any printed document. This appears to be a printer problem, NOT a driver problem, because it happens even when printing a status page via the button on the printer. I've found how to fix the problem if the top margin is too big - but not if the top margin is reduced.

Any suggestions are welcome - I'm not afraid to try to take the printer apart to adjust, clean, or try to repair parts.

shaharin

Honorable
May 26, 2012

Thanks. But that's a US number, and I'm in Australia. I will try to contact the Australian offices on Monday.

shaharin

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually have both the User manual and the service manual (the latter wasn't on the above site, BTW) but neither points to that specific problem.

It might be that it's just getting too old and calibration and/or parts are getting brittle or whatever. It's around 8 years old now, after all, and even though it's only done about 23,000 prints, I guess it's like the little old lady and her car - only used on Sundays, but parts of the car still start deteriorating with age. It just irks me having to buy a new printer, because this one hasn't actually been heavily used.

I will still try contacting the Kyocera people here, though knowing them, the cure may cost more than a new printer.