Sign in with
Your question

Encreasing wifi speed

Last response: in Windows 7
May 26, 2012 6:01:17 AM

Hello,
i am in hostel using collage wifi and sharing with 300 others .... so the wifi speed is very slow... can i use external antina to speed up my wifi connection.... ? do you have something others ideas to improve my wifi connection in 300 others network????/ please hep me!!!!!!!!!!!

More about : encreasing wifi speed

a b $ Windows 7
May 26, 2012 6:09:52 AM

Short answer - no! It's all to do with Bandwidth, and this can not be increased by the subscribers. Best bet is to wait till all the others are asleep...
m
l
May 26, 2012 9:31:59 PM

dodger46 said it perfectly. You will have to wait when others are not using it.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
May 26, 2012 9:38:07 PM

the other guys are probably right

but just out of interest are you getting a strong signal from the wifi--4 or 5 bars?
m
l
May 26, 2012 9:46:45 PM

Also, if your in college you should know this but lemme help you out:

Increase: Become or make greater in size, amount, intensity, or degree
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 26, 2012 10:30:32 PM

bavman said:
Also, if your in college you should know this but lemme help you out:

Increase: Become or make greater in size, amount, intensity, or degree

LOL didn't read the rest of his post did you. English is clearly not his main language. Spelling nazi on international forums is a little much
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
May 26, 2012 10:43:00 PM

go online look to see if anyone posted local free hotspots. (ie coffe shops or fast food stores). it easy to make a cup of coffee last a long time when your gaming :) 
look to see if your dorm room can be wired for it own cable..then you and rooms mates split the cost of INTERNET. last would be a cell phone hot spot. it you have the data plan for it.
m
l
May 26, 2012 10:51:23 PM

Or download wifikill on your rooted android phone and hog all the bandwidth to yourself :) 
m
l
!