Replace .11b wireless router with the MN-700?

Last response: in Networking
May 13, 2004 9:02:32 PM

I thought it would be simple, but.....The setup instructions call for a
wired MN-700 to computer to install and setup. I don't have that. What I
have is two computers running successfully using the MS MN-710 adapters to a
(Blitz) .11b wireless router. In attempting to upgrade to the MN-700, I
can't get it setup because I don't cable to the PCs, they are wireless. Any
suggestions? The manual does not help with this problem. If I am
successful on one of the computers connecting to the internet, it takes down
the whole network.
May 13, 2004 9:02:33 PM

I just posted a note about my home network. What I did
was communicate wirelessly with the MN-700 from my remote
PC with the MN-710 adapter. In the Setup software for
the adapter, there is a multiple choice question
something like...

"I have already setup a base station...blah blah"

"I have not setup a base station, but will...blah blah"

Choose the second one..."I have not, but will". What
happens then is the Setup Software immediately starts
looking for the base station. Cool! Once it finds it,
it allow you to configure and set it up.

I think why this procedure is not in the manual is that
it's a little insecure. But it worked for me.

Good Luck!

!