Your question

Direct X 9

Tags:
  • Games
  • Directx
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
May 26, 2012 8:19:33 AM

Guys m havng serious trouble with my DirectX 9...

See from a few days ago...my games (which used to work and look perfect) started showing weird black triangular gaps/shapes on the screen and on character models and on environments...
at frst i thot it was a problem wd my Gfx card (Radeon HD 4350) ...so i updated the software of amd radeon from net....but the prblem stil persisted...

Now recently...as i was playing AVATAR (which was shwng the abovementioned gfx problems)..i swtched from directX 9 to DirectX 10 ...from a option given in the main menu..and the gfx prblem was sorted beautifully...

Now the problem is my other games are still showing the problem...i cant find out how to change the directX for those games....

so guys...pls help a fellow gamer out of this glitch....
pls..

More about : direct

May 26, 2012 8:28:01 AM

Unless a game has a codepath for DirectX 10 (or any other) you can not run it as such.

From what you are writing it does sound like your DirectX installation might have been corrupted, so run the DirectX web installer to update and hopefully fix your installation.
m
l
June 2, 2012 8:05:12 PM

Re installing fixed the problem...thnx a lott guyss
m
l
June 4, 2012 5:46:18 PM

INSTALL DIRECT X 11 INS BACKWORDS COMPATIBLE AND YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT
m
l
!