TRENDnet router suddenly not working

MulderYuffie

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Nothing at all has been changed since I have used this router and or my newish laptop but as of last night my TRENDnet router does not want to work it is either giving me "Limited" connectivity or none at all. Only Status and WAN were lit up green and now only Status is blinking and my router doesn't even show up as being able to even try to connect to it. I've tried unplugging and replugging in everything and waited overnight. I've tried to go to my default gateway status page but it says I need some kind of username or password and even resetting the router does not help with any of these problems. I am using a windows 8 laptop and the TRENDnet model is TEW 432 BRP. My WEP key was and always has been the same too. Nothing has changed besides loss of connection. any help please? :)

You can try the reset button and set it back to fasctory default. If you have already done that then you can try to power cycle all the components of the network.
Unplug from the wall socket the modem and the router , then unplug the ethernet cable from the mopdem and router.
Plug the modem back in and let it lock signal , then plug the router in and let it lock signal , then connect the ethernet cable from the modem to the router.
If the laptop still gets no connectivity then connect the laptop to the router by ethernet cable and see if you have connectivity.

MulderYuffie

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I have tried all of those ptions and everything else I can think of literally and the only thing happening is every now and again the green Status button will blink. The router doesn't even show I can connect to it or anything.

cali4devil

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

The 432BRP has been out for a few years now and if the wireless LED light on the front is not lit, the wireless part of it is probably bad.

If you could get to the setup page (eg. http://192.168.1.1 ), you would need user name and password to login. The default should be admin for both. If that does not work, while the router is powered on, press the reset button and hold it for 10 ~ 12 seconds and then release it. Try to go to the setup page again after that and reconfigure the Internet (WAN) and wireless SSID and encryption.

I would also go to trendnet.com and download the latest firmware and do a factory reset after that.

cali4devil

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
By the way, after teh firmware upgrade, see if the wireless encryption has option to set to WPA2-PSK, AES. Use this instead for better security. Unless, you have some legacy wireless clients that do not support WPA2-PSK.