Sign in with
Your question

Networking Printer

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 11, 2004 12:00:13 PM

Hi all,
I just networked my two computers together using a router. I am using Windows XP on both. My question is " How do you setup the printer (z25 Lexmark) to print from the computer NOT hooked up to it? "I know this is probly a NEWB question, but this is my first at networking. So flame me all you want LOL.

Thanks Agian All !!

<i><font color=blue>We come from the land of Kings and Queens who blind our eyes and steal our dreams, This is the world of Heaven and Hell.</font color=blue></i>

More about : networking printer

March 11, 2004 2:44:35 PM

Please someone throw me a bone. heh

<i><font color=blue>We come from the land of Kings and Queens who blind our eyes and steal our dreams, This is the world of Heaven and Hell.</font color=blue></i>
March 11, 2004 8:01:54 PM

You need to enable file and printer sharing from the networking menu. then go to the printer propeites on the computer the printer is conected to and enable sharing in the menu. finally on the second computer (without printer) go to explorer>network neighbourhood find your other computer click on it and you will see the printer. right click and you will see an option to install.

If you need more detailed info then please give the O/S on each system.

Only the insane prosper.
Only those who prosper can judge what is sane.
!