Sign in with
Your question

Help with installation?

Last response: in Windows 7
February 17, 2010 2:05:36 AM

When i am trying to install windows 7 i am encountering a problem. Once i reach the part when i must choose a download location the only option they give me is my external usb hard drive, which i do not want to install windows 7 on. When i search for my c drive (clicking browse) i get the following message: No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK. Does this mean my c drive does not have a driver? I mean why wouldn't it recognize my c drive, my current windows xp is installed on it as i type..? Is there a way to make my computer recognize my freaking hard drive so that i can install windows 7.

More about : installation

February 17, 2010 2:13:52 AM

i also noticed my hard drive doesn't even show up in device manager?
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 17, 2010 2:23:47 AM

Check your BIOS to verify, but it seems like your hard drive controller is currently set to RAID mode.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2010 2:24:39 AM

Boot into the BIOS and make sure your type (IDE or SATA) of hard drive is enabled.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
February 17, 2010 2:27:15 AM

aford10 said:
Boot into the BIOS and make sure your type (IDE or SATA) of hard drive is enabled.

Uhhh... if it wasn't, he wouldn't be able to boot at all.
m
l
February 17, 2010 2:40:20 AM

well, it is recognized in the BIOS. how would i get it off said "RAID mode"
m
l
February 17, 2010 2:43:09 AM

actually never mind, i just partioned my hard drive and now i can install. thanks any way
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2010 2:43:52 AM

Misread on my part. I thought XP was on the external drive.

So how are you able to check the device manager if you can't boot?
m
l
!