Help with installation?

When i am trying to install windows 7 i am encountering a problem. Once i reach the part when i must choose a download location the only option they give me is my external usb hard drive, which i do not want to install windows 7 on. When i search for my c drive (clicking browse) i get the following message: No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK. Does this mean my c drive does not have a driver? I mean why wouldn't it recognize my c drive, my current windows xp is installed on it as i type..? Is there a way to make my computer recognize my freaking hard drive so that i can install windows 7.
7 answers Last reply
More about help installation
  1. i also noticed my hard drive doesn't even show up in device manager?
  2. Check your BIOS to verify, but it seems like your hard drive controller is currently set to RAID mode.
  3. Boot into the BIOS and make sure your type (IDE or SATA) of hard drive is enabled.
  4. aford10 said:
    Boot into the BIOS and make sure your type (IDE or SATA) of hard drive is enabled.

Uhhh... if it wasn't, he wouldn't be able to boot at all.
  5. well, it is recognized in the BIOS. how would i get it off said "RAID mode"
  6. actually never mind, i just partioned my hard drive and now i can install. thanks any way
  7. Misread on my part. I thought XP was on the external drive.

So how are you able to check the device manager if you can't boot?
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7