Internet faster on phone than computer?

so my internet speed is 60 download 3 upload, but speedtest on my phone shows 40 down 3 up (which is good) but my desktop shows 10 down 3 up? can anyone explain why this is or how to fix it?
10 answers Last reply
More about internet faster phone computer
  1. How is your desktop connected?
  2. This all depends on how the computer is connected to the internet and the priority settings that you have set. If the phone has a higher priority than the desktop, it will have more bandwidth and speed.
  3. connected via ethernet cable, it was running fine last week at 60mb then noticed a massive drop back to 10mb when downloading games from steam at 1.2mb/s
  4. Check you cabling from your PC all the way to the router. You might have a damaged cable that is causing your NIC to fall back to 10Mbps.
  5. cable is fine, have even turned every wireless object off too and its still at 10mb/s
  6. Try copying a file to or from you PC to another device on your LAN. Is it still 10Mbps? If so, then you have a cable or NIC problem.
  7. jonno121 said:
    cable is fine, have even turned every wireless object off too and its still at 10mb/s

Have you actually tried replacing the cable and using a different port on the router?
  8. i changed the cable from my xbox to pc and now my speed has gone back to up to 60mb/s, thanks for the help guys :)
  9. jonno121 said:
    i changed the cable from my xbox to pc and now my speed has gone back to up to 60mb/s, thanks for the help guys :)

i'll take that as a "no" to my previous question ;)
  10. jonno121 said:
    i changed the cable from my xbox to pc and now my speed has gone back to up to 60mb/s, thanks for the help guys :)

Yes, THAT is what I meant by checking the cabling. . . ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Phones Computers Internet Networking