Sign in with
Your question

No internet access to cable connected PC, after configuring router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 21, 2012 10:21:43 AM

Hello,
I configured router 1st time using manual and videos on web but PC has no internet access.
In addition my laptop connect quickly wirelessly why not PC which is connected through lan cable .
Also I took other cable and connected to laptop it got access automatically but after trying several time even laptop lose connection bbut after restart it again got connected.But through wi fii is working well.
Someone suggest me why cable PC giving problem.
And previously when no router i have a icon on which i click to connect/disconnect internet,how to get this features after installing router.
I have PPPoE connection.
November 21, 2012 10:51:55 AM

You used to use a dial up connection so you needed the icon to connect, now with the PPPoE it is always connected so you dont need the icon!
WHat kind of set up did you do on the router? It sounds like you may have changed IP address or DHCP settings, that would explain not being able to access the net.
Before you do any more changes, check your network card IP settings, make sure they are set to auto.
Otherwise would suggest resetting router to factory defaults and starting over. You also try calling your ISP for further instructions.
m
l
November 21, 2012 11:24:28 AM

Set up like i follow the manual.
I login on 192.168.1.1 then Quick configuration followed by steps given on it.
Type of WAN connection ,username & pwd also wireless configuration with security thats all.
My laptop working fine on wireless only problem on my desktop .
I checked the card ip setting,it is set to Obtain automatically .

Also you said it will always be connected it means i don't have any control to conn/disconn hun
m
l
Related resources
November 22, 2012 2:54:30 AM

Hi ngrego,

Today automatically i got internet access but don't know how ???

I need a control on it for connecting/disconn.
Because if some other person using computer and internet is not required then there should be a facility to stop internet access.
m
l
November 22, 2012 8:43:18 AM

Your network card probably just needed a reset.
On DSL connections the internet is always connected, but there are ways to limit access to certain users.
Will the other users be using your PC?
In this case you can set up a second user on your PC and simply not set up internet access.
If other users will be using a different PC(s) then you will probably be able to limit their access directly through the router settings. Most routers have an interface to limit internet, this is mostly used for children or in work environments. If this is the case you could have a look in the routers settings and try to find these settings on your own. Otherwise you could post your router model and brand and I could help you further.
m
l
November 23, 2012 2:31:40 AM

ngrego said:
Your network card probably just needed a reset.
On DSL connections the internet is always connected, but there are ways to limit access to certain users.
Will the other users be using your PC?
In this case you can set up a second user on your PC and simply not set up internet access.
If other users will be using a different PC(s) then you will probably be able to limit their access directly through the router settings. Most routers have an interface to limit internet, this is mostly used for children or in work environments. If this is the case you could have a look in the routers settings and try to find these settings on your own. Otherwise you could post your router model and brand and I could help you further.

Router Model - iBall Baton iB-WRX150NE
On access 192.168.1.1 there is a option on many PC is connected to router,over there no one is using it shows my laptop when i get connected wirelessly or wired.
Again this morning no internet access to cable PC but can do with wireless.

One more thing while configuring i clone PC mac address to router cause PC lan card was registered to ISP.
Is this causing any problem.
When connecting Laptop lan card wired it connected with no error.

m
l
November 27, 2012 9:13:17 AM

Yes that may be the problem.
Why is your lan card registered to ISP, and why clone the lan mac address to router?
Was this requested by your ISP?
m
l
!