Sign in with
Your question

Conection Status Icon Problem

Last response: in Windows 7
February 17, 2010 2:56:07 AM

my task bar icon shows the bars and the red cross even when i am connected i dosent hapen the first time i conect but then it disconects and has this problem need help please!!! it is very annoying
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2010 3:57:48 AM

So, are you connected at all to the internet or not? If it keeps disconnecting, try updating the wireless card driver and see if that helps.
m
l
February 17, 2010 8:31:54 PM

I am conected with 56KB Modem then it disconects in an amount of time between 60 to 90 min, when i conect again the icon doesnt change and i start opening pages etc while the icon shows the empty bars with the red cross so if the conexion fails i dont know until i click something and its super bad for writing long sentences like this if click without beeing conected i have to start again
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 17, 2010 8:38:26 PM

Open your network connections and make sure you don't have extra network connections created and enabled.
m
l
February 18, 2010 3:07:32 PM

I checked and no i dont have any other created conections enabled think it could be a virus now im having the same problem with the audio icon and yes i can here my speakers and it says the audio service is not running
i use microsoft security essentials and it doesnt find any virus as today i havnt had the conection icon problem and i have connected and disconected several times today is this crazy??????
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 18, 2010 3:40:17 PM

Restart the PC. Boot into safe mode with networking (f8 on startup). Download, install, and update malwarebytes. Do a full system scan.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

If you have an infection, that should get it.
m
l
February 18, 2010 4:21:52 PM

ill try that and tell how it goes thanks
m
l
!