dxgmms1.sys BSOD

thegatekeeper

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Hi guys, I have been struggling with this error for the past 3 days.

I just got Diablo 3 and found that this error will do it's utmost to keep me from playing past 10 minutes. I have done everything from updating my drivers to cleaning registry etc.

At one point I got it to run for 4 hours, then it crashed and kept crashing ever since.

Here is what my latest minidump says:

On Sat 26/05/2012 5:04:17 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\123101-17565-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1+0x100A4)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFFA00045E62F0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF88004A100A4)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

I have uploaded my minidups here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/dp8o6cd46lt/n/Minidump.rar

Please help me.

As an added note, I can play any game and this won't happen. It only happens during Diablo 3.

grvdggr864

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013

this is NOT a d3 error i do not have it and i get the same error now and then BUT i have windows 8 pro......from what i can tell it has to do with directx files....i may be wrong but dont think so.

Try other games. I had the same issue and thought that it was a Call of Duty problem but found out later that Supreme Commander 2 and other games were crashing.

I fixed today by reseating my CPU, Ram, and using the 2nd DVI port on my video card.

In my case it was not a Direct X or AMD / Nvidia driver problem as I installed a brand new hard drive, flashed the bios, freshly installed windows 7 and AMD Catalyst.

This issue plagued me for 2 months.