    Motorola is the software and you'll need a USB cable or Bluetooth.

    From:Chris Hagler
    chagler@att.net

    > Is there a CINGULAR NETWORK phone (prefer Motorola) that I can upload
    > my own MP3 files (or wav files) to the phone as ring tones - I assume
    > I will need a sync cable and some sort of software. I would also
    > like to mamange my contact information, names and numbers via an
    > excel spreadsheet and update the phone via that spreadsheet file.
    >
    > Is there a phone that does this? If so, let me know which phone, and
    > what tools I would need to do so.
    >
    > Thanks...
    >
    > Chris

    i just got the motorola v220,
    you can upload mp3 ring tones and they sound great
    with moble phone tool and a usb cable
    also upload from outlook and a calander

    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    I have a V265 and I uploaded an MP3 file using the built-in tool with Mobile
    Phone Tools and then used Audacity to trim the same MP3 file and then just
    transferred the file using Mobile Phone Tools. The first MP3 sounded good
    but the one that I copied directly sounds absolutely excellent. I think
    that if you want good sound you have to get a phone with speakerphone
    capabilities. That way it has a speaker that is made for clarity at higher
    volumes.

    "john" <nate_358@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >i just got the motorola v220,
    > you can upload mp3 ring tones and they sound great
    > with moble phone tool and a usb cable
    > also upload from outlook and a calander

    > Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Final
    > * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    > * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    Motorola V551 and DataPilot work fine for me to transfer mp3 files to use as
    ringtones.

    "MisterJJ" <idts@noway.com> wrote in message
    >I have a V265 and I uploaded an MP3 file using the built-in tool with
    >Mobile Phone Tools and then used Audacity to trim the same MP3 file and
    >then just transferred the file using Mobile Phone Tools. The first MP3
    >sounded good but the one that I copied directly sounds absolutely
    >excellent. I think that if you want good sound you have to get a phone
    >with speakerphone capabilities. That way it has a speaker that is made for
    >clarity at higher volumes.
    >
    > "john" <nate_358@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>i just got the motorola v220,
    >> you can upload mp3 ring tones and they sound great
    >> with moble phone tool and a usb cable
    >> also upload from outlook and a calander

    >> Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Final
    >> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy