Unidentified Network/Limited Network Win 8

Seven7Syete

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Hi, i've been a having a hard time now because of this problem. Here's the scenario. I was playing a game and suddenly, it crashed and hanged up while playing, my ping greatly increased and came back to normal but the game still hanged up, and eventually, i had to reboot my computer. After rebooting, this problem came. My internet connection became "Unidentified Network, No Internet Access" with an "!" on it. I've tried researching and did some of those referred solutions to me and did not fixed my problem. What do you guys think is the problem?
I've already tried some of the solutions like, reboot the router, reboot the internet, tried cleaning the whole system, even added the protocol in my IPv4 protocol the one that is stated right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9epRBi6kF-o
I am really frustrated now and been searching for like 7 hours of how to solve this problem :(
I am just a student and really don't know what to do, and i really need my computer to access internet because of so many things to do.
With just a crash in my computer, this eventually happened :( :mad:
Please help :(
If you guys need my ipconfig /all, here it is.

Here's my ipconfig /all
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Lois>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Duka
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : EC-A8-6B-24-12-E6
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::352c:4a9d:b477:d971%17(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.104(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:46:41 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, March 3, 2013 9:46:40 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 216836203
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-18-73-E3-AD-EC-A8-6B-24-12-E6

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{FD551BE0-B20D-462D-90A6-8EE5E48AB69D}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

C:\Users\Lois>

I was reading every same posts that you guys have here and most of the solutions did not fixed my "Unidentified Network" problem :( so what i had to do is might as well register in this forums and make my own statement about this problem because i think this problem has to do with an individual computer, so, yeah. here is my problem :( hope you guys can help me :(

PS. I have updated every drivers already and everything
Also, i really don't want to reinstall my Windows 8 :(

Seven7Syete

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

We have tried this one already even checked the lan cable connected to my desktop to another computer and it is working perfectly. :( I don't know what else to do. Is it the LAN card or whatsoever?

gigabyter64

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
Why not just try a system restore to a previous point before crash occurred, this sometimes rectifies corrupt registry. Or rebuild IP stack afresh sometimes fixes network cliches. Google it if not sure of commands

Seven7Syete

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

We have tried the system restore a 2-day restoration still there's no internet connection. Can you link me to a site where they offer steps for "rebuild IP stack afresh".

look at both the router port and the Ethernet port on the desktop. is the link lights on and does it look like the port is moving data..from the posting it showing that the media is disconnected (cable). are you sure the cables are locked on both ends.
do an inconfig /release then and ip/config/renew. on the desktop try and log onto the router. (192.168.1.1). if you get the router log on screen your cable and network card are talking to each other. if nothing happens open up a run screen type pin 192.168.1.1 and see if there any packet going back and forth. if there none going or coming back try a new cable first and or port on the router. if there still an issue boot into safe mode and remove the network drivers for the network card then reboot. then install the newest drivers from
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_desktop.php

Seven7Syete

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
Wait if everything's looking fine on my CMD prompt window. At least, how will I know if my my LAN port is dead? It's an acer x4620G and I guess it's a built in port that comes with their mobo (Networking LAN: Gigabit Ethernet) - http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/desktop/2012/Acer/Veriton/VeritonX4620G/VeritonX4620Gsp2.shtml.

So how do I test it if it's dead or not?

petertherock24

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
If you can't find anything wrong from hardware point of view, try this:
1. go to Command
- go to search
- type 'cmd'
- right click and run as administrator
2. Then type these command (the ones in quote):
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: 'netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter'

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. 'netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter'

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. 'netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter'

3. Restart your computer.

I have the same problem with my PC since upgrading to Windows 8, still unable to figure out why. The above steps did give me internet connectivity back but now and then if I turn my computer and then turn my PC on again, I am still getting the same problem, but at least the above steps do give me my connectivity back.

Amon2012

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
The similar problem here. I'm dualbooting Windows 8 and Ubuntu 13.04. Windows 8 is loosing LAN connection randomly, while Ubuntu working fine all the time. Not to mention bunch of other problems, Windows 8 is nightmare.

schoe286

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Hi, I don't know if you solved it already but I had the same thing going on with windows 8.....I just set my providers modem (with another laptop which didn't have this problem) via internet, usually starts with a 192.168....on another channel under wlan-settings...and problem solved(restart your computer).Good luck!

Tony!

techjunkie6

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
I found a very simple solution that solved this for me after pretty much everything else failed... Week-old installation of Windows 8 Pro 64bit btw.

Open your Network Connections and right-click on the offending adapter. Select the Diagnose option and with any luck it will return an error saying something like 'DHCP not enabled on Ethernet adapter'.

Go ahead and tell Windows to fix the problem, and mine worked again instantly.

Good luck.

ht7770

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

Thank you! after going through loads of suggestions this one worked! I also discovered that my laptop started this problem when I plugged in an Ethernet cable, this may just be me.

c0untryb0yfr3sh

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
I've had a similar issue. Not only has it done exactly what yours is doing but it also would come up "Unidentified Network" and allow no connection. The error that windows 8's "Diagnose Problem" gives is "Ethernet does not have a valid IP Configuration".

What is happening is that the Ethernet port is not getting an IP address & Gatway Address from the router.
Here is what worked for me:

1. Lower right hand corner Right Click on your Network Indicator and Select Open Network And Sharing Center
2. On the Left Hand side Click on the Change Adapter Settings
3. Right Click on the Offending Adapter and Select Properties
4. In the Box labeled "This Connection Uses the Following Items" Scroll Down to find "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"
5. Select (1 Left Click to Highlight) and Click the Properties Button

Now here is where you need some Info:
A. What is the IP Address of your Router i.e. (192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1)?
If you don't know and you have not modified the router before then look up the Default IP for "Your Router Model" on Google or try the 3 examples I used in the question on a computer or WiFi Connected device that is NOT having the Problem. Those are standard. Once you know what it is (you DO Not Need to log into the router) continue to Step 6.

6. Choose "Use the Following IP Address"
Now set it up as follows:

IP Address: 192.168.?.107 (Where "?" equals the Same as your Router IP Address in this position 192.168.?.1)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 (This should be default anyway but verify)
Default Gateway: 192.168.?.? (This is where you put in the IP Address of your Router)

Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8.8 (This is the Google DNS Server and should work Just fine)

7. Now click OK and Then Close the the Properties Window.\

The Network Adapter should Automatically Reset and you now should be online.

I will post an update as soon as I find out why the Router isn't giving the Addresses to the adapter or why the Adapter isn't storing the addresses from the router.

Hope this helps!!!

JunaidiAbdilah

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014

This my step to fix that's problem:
1. Right click at Ethernet icon on desktop (right bottom corner) > open network and sharing center
2. and click "change adapter setting"
3. right click at the Ethernet icon > and click properties (and Ethernet properties appear)
4. click configure
5. click driver tabs
6. uninstall (to uninstall driver)
----- now your Ethernet driver uninstalled from your computer ----
7. close all windows and push windows logo (hold) + pause break at your keyboards (and system windows appear)
8. click device manager (and device manager windows appear)
9. click action menu
10. scan for hardware changes
--- Finish, hope this step help your Ethernet problems ---

malikorn

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
I have exactly the same problem. It occured after the yesterday's win 8 update. I have no network connection WiFi nor Ethernet. Drivers seems ok, installed/ re-installed several times.
I tried the solutions provided here, i have put manually an IP address and network settings but nothing.
If i use ipconfig it doesnt have any IP, and in PING i receive "general failure".

To me it is clear that is a problem with windows... it recognizes the adapters, but for some reason cannot assign any IP.
I was afraid that i m going to have problem with windows 8, but not that severe... if anyone finds something please share. At the moment i am trying system restore:-/

Hint: i even tried with an external USB wifi card. Installed, recognized, but again the same... I see the networks, connect to them, but with limited connectivity and no IP assignment.,..

Edit: iin the end i am reinstalling Windows... but i found this article that seems to describe the problem and solution very clearly...too late though for me now to try...

Kaukis

Reputable
May 26, 2015
Had the same problem tried everything and nothing help, but fortunately had 2 HDD in pc one with win7 and other win8 and on both OS had same problem (then problem was something else and not with software/drivers/os) it appeared after crashing pc while watching video trough Mediahint Chrome addon (description: MediaHint uses secure servers to hide your physical location and IP address, unblocking the content you want in your location.) so it did something to my Linksys EA6500, I rebooted and checked setting there were no errors or any warnings (maybe too primitive router...), but to make sure I did factory reset and it solved the problem :)
ps. Unidentified Network problem was only on my PC and others connected to same router were fine, even tried to switch cables, and nothing...

so for now have no idea what was that, but router factory reset helped