Wifi working but not wired

fizz8

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Hi there,

I've been searching countless web pages and saw some other people having similar problems as me but I cant find any solution to mine.
My internet connection was fine until the router went down for maintenance I suppose. ipconfig shows that I have an IP address and default gateway as normal. The connection on the wired interface is showing I'm connected to the internet but I can't ping outside of the default gateway.

When I tethered an internet connection from another system (using the same cable and socket), I can use the internet on my pc. I've also tried most of the things I could find but it is still not working. Here are the things I have done till now:

>ipconfig /release
>ipconfig /flushdns
>ipconfig /renew

>netsh winsock reset catalog
>netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

>ran system restore
>ran virus scans
>installed new drivers for the onboard NIC
>made sure there are no proxy settings and ipv4 and ipv6 are set to automatic
>uninstalled all antivirus and disabled firewalls
>plugged in the cable to another system (and the internet still works)

My limitation is I live in an apartment where the connection is provided only via wall socket to their router which I have no access to. But since the wall socket is still giving internet on another system im pretty sure it is my pc's problem. Please help.

System spec:
windows 7 64bit
Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection

tehhijack

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Do you think the onboard NIC might have died? try buying a PCI NIC or a PCI-express X1 nic off newegg or ebay see if that helps you, you could find one cheap for arround $10