Acid loops (have some, but now what)

Last response: in Home Audio
December 7, 2004 2:20:56 PM

I downloaded a whole bunch of "acid loops". What am I supposed to do
with them now? Do I need a special app?

Newbie ROn

More about : acid loops

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 5:41:11 PM

<unixzip@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I downloaded a whole bunch of "acid loops". What am I supposed to do
>with them now? Do I need a special app?

Well, presumably they would be for use in Acid, right?
--scott
December 7, 2004 5:41:12 PM

On 7 Dec 2004 14:41:11 -0500, kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

> <unixzip@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>I downloaded a whole bunch of "acid loops". What am I supposed to do
>>with them now? Do I need a special app?
>
>Well, presumably they would be for use in Acid, right?
>--scott

DOH!

Al
December 8, 2004 3:10:32 AM

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:37:39 -0800, play-on <playon@ATcomcast.net>
wrote:

>On 7 Dec 2004 14:41:11 -0500, kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>> <unixzip@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>I downloaded a whole bunch of "acid loops". What am I supposed to do
>>>with them now? Do I need a special app? <snip>

Well....you could add water and have enough electrolyte to get a dry
charged battery going...or...you could use it to remove
rust....or...you could experience acid reflux first hand...or.....

dB
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 1:49:11 PM

Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"? The only software I have is
Band in a Box.
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 4:42:02 PM

google acid 5

On 8 Dec 2004 10:49:11 -0800, unixzip@yahoo.com wrote:

>Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"? The only software I have is
>Band in a Box.
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 5:13:25 PM

In article <1102531751.550632.261790@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
<unixzip@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"? The only software I have is
>Band in a Box.

I have no idea, but when I open up Mix or EQ, I am barraged with
advertisements for it.
--scott

December 8, 2004 9:08:50 PM

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:42:02 -0800, play-on <playon@ATcomcast.net>
wrote:

>google acid 5 <snip>

I saw some spots for this stuff on TV, VERY oriented to the "hood-rat"
crowd...lots of visual stuff (a little paint brush "paints" the music
into a track from a cut and paste, etc.), not much info about real
performance. The motto: "Paint your MYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIC..."

That was enough for me.

dB
Anonymous
December 8, 2004 10:03:31 PM

<unixzip@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"?

I see you're posting from Google. I hear they have some kind of search
engine.

This "acid loops software music" here

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

gets this (if you use this URl make sure it doesn't wrap):

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=acid+loops+software+m...
&ie=ISO-8859-1&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_f
iletype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&s
afe=images

which suggests Sony is the publisher of Acid.

> The only software I have is Band in a Box.

Which doesn't have much to do with Acid loops, but is a fine and fun
app.

--
ha
Anonymous

Scott Dorsey wrote:

> I have no idea, but when I open up Mix or EQ, I am barraged with
> advertisements for it.

No matter how many times I tell the Sony 'bot that I use only MAC
software, I still get multi-page glossy brochures trying to sell me
Wintel apps. They need some miniature bean counters to sweat the small
stuff.

--
ha
Anonymous

> No matter how many times I tell the Sony 'bot that I use only MAC
> software, I still get multi-page glossy brochures trying to sell me
> Wintel apps. They need some miniature bean counters to sweat the small
> stuff.

No kidding. I don't see how they make a profit with as much hard spam as
they mail.
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 1:34:28 AM

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article <1102531751.550632.261790@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> <unixzip@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"?
>
> I have no idea

You can make it yourself--just start out with a bag of moldy rye and have a lot of patience...
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 3:24:15 AM

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:08:50 -0800, DeserTBoB <desertb@rglobal.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:42:02 -0800, play-on <playon@ATcomcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>google acid 5 <snip>
>
>I saw some spots for this stuff on TV, VERY oriented to the "hood-rat"
>crowd...lots of visual stuff (a little paint brush "paints" the music
>into a track from a cut and paste, etc.), not much info about real
>performance. The motto: "Paint your MYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSIC..."

Actually it's a pretty fun program to use with loops, nothing really
wrong with having an easy-to-understand GUI.

Al
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 8:13:01 AM

If you haven't yet found the info, Acid has been aquired by Sony from Sonic
Foundry. The following link will bring you there.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/

Blues

<unixzip@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Very funny guys. Who makes this "Acid"? The only software I have is
> Band in a Box.

Anonymous
December 9, 2004 8:13:02 AM

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 05:13:01 GMT, "Blues_Jam"
<blues-jam@newengland.usa> wrote:

>If you haven't yet found the info, Acid has been aquired by Sony <snip>

Good enough reason right there to fahgeddaboudit!

dB
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 9:59:17 AM

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 22:34:28 -0800, Kurt Albershardt <kurt@nv.net>
wrote:

>>> Who makes this "Acid"?

>You can make it yourself--just start out with a bag of moldy rye and have a lot of patience...

This is the apocryphal (at least!) origin of the flying witch
myth. Maybe not so spurious...?

The broomstick part does offend me, however.
(He said, head held high...)

Chris Hornbeck
"Shi mian mai fu"
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 7:54:15 PM

>I downloaded a whole bunch of "acid loops". What am I supposed to do
> with them now? Do I need a special app?
>
> Newbie ROn

Firdt you need to pay for them. Then you need to buy the app to use them
with Acid.

geoff
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 5:29:14 PM

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:24:15 -0800, play-on <playon@ATcomcast.net>
wrote:

>Actually it's a pretty fun program to use with loops, nothing really
>wrong with having an easy-to-understand GUI.
>
>Al

For what it is it's cool. You'd probably want to export the acid
drums / other parts to another app for tracking though. It can open
up cool song ideas though.

Shane
Visit me at my artist page at Unsignedbandweb.com
http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/bands/1424/
and visit my streaming mp3 radio stations here:
http://www.unsignedbandweb.com/music/bands/1424/radio.p...
!