How to get linksys wusb11 ver 2 6 to work in windows 7?

johno_52

Honorable
May 26, 2012
how to get linksys wusb11 ver 2 6 to work in windows 7? I downloaded the driver from Linksys, unzipped it to C:\Linksys\Drivers, went to Device Manager opened "Unknown Device", "Update Driver", "Have Disk", went to C:\Linksys\Drivers, "Open". After install it shows up in Network Devices and says it theLinksys WUSB11 is working porperly. I power-cycled (reset) the wireless router and rebooted the laptop. It will list the network for the wirreless router but it will not connect to it. Any ideas? Thanks

johno_52

Honorable
May 26, 2012
It's my teen-aged daughter's laptop - Toshiba Satellite, Windows 7 (32 bit). My son had been using it for awhile and I don't have a clue what he did but the wireless card will not work. I tried everything to get the wireless card working again but I can't. Thats why I hooked up the Linksys WUSB11 ver. 2.6 that had been hooked up to an old Win XP desktop. On the Linksys Forums, several people commented that they got the WUSB11 to work on Windows 7 but I can't. Any help would be appreciated. I downloaded the drivers from Linksys today and it installed OK, Windows 7 Device Manager lists it as WUSB11 wireless network adapter and says this device is working properly but I can't connect. Network named "Linksys" shows up in network manager but it won't connect.

fantastik250

Distinguished
I understand the situation. I am wanting to know if the wireless card is shut off, even it is not working.

Also, you can try trouble shooting the card. Just right-click where the 5 bars near the clock on the bottom right of the screen.

Come back and see if it did anything.

johno_52

Honorable
May 26, 2012
It's working now! My daughter sis a system restore with the device connected to it and after it re-booted again she is now on the internet and it is working fine. She says she doesn't know what she did but after manually installing the driver for ver 2.6 and three reboots it now works. Thanks any way.

fantastik250

Distinguished
Usually there is a function or a little switch on the laptop. Usually pressing FN key (bottom left of keyboard) + F8 (or some other F key that has the antenna signal).

Not too sure which F key has the antenna signal picture on your toshiba satellite.

I also suggest try updating your wifi/lan driver's (if any).
Go to: http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite
Click on Get Support at the top right
Click on download
Find your computer model
Select the correct operating system
check the driver list