Sign in with
Your question

How do you change drive letters

Last response: in Storage
December 22, 2002 6:32:55 AM

I just added a second HD for backup, and of course this means a new drive letter D: which is placed just after my primary drive C: I want the new HD letter to be placed at the end of the primary drives letters. Does any one know how to change a drive letter? I'm using WIN98. I know if I created only logical partitions on the new drive, that would fix the problem. But I want to dual boot to the new drive, so that means a primary partition. I've spent hours online looking for fixes, found only one reg hack, which didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions?

More about : change drive letters

December 22, 2002 3:35:45 PM

You <b><font color=red>cannot</b></font color=red> change <b>Harddisk drive letter</b> in Win98 (only removable drives, such as CD-ROM, ZIP).
As I remember, by default, Win98 sets all Primary partitions on first letters eg. C, D), then extended partitions next.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
Related resources
December 30, 2002 6:32:27 AM

I know you can change the letter with partion magic, but i dont know if partion magic works with 98. go ahead and try though
!