Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Realtek HD Audio with 5.1 Speakers

Last response: in Windows 7
May 27, 2012 1:54:01 AM

Hi,

My on-board Realtek front panel speakers don't work in w764, I have a Gigabyte GA-945PL S3 Rev1 M/B.

Kind Regards, Maxwell Jordan

More about : realtek audio speakers

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 27, 2012 2:32:00 PM

Are you using the latest Win 7 x64 driver from March 2012? http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

Then of course you usually have to mess with the Azalia configuration program to get the correct sound, although it does have a speaker test mode.

edit: just noticed that Newegg has 20% off with code EMCNEHE248 on a good 6 foot Toslink optical cable that expires today: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
May 28, 2012 7:43:53 PM

RealBeast said:
Are you using the latest Win 7 x64 driver from March 2012? http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

Then of course you usually have to mess with the Azalia configuration program to get the correct sound, although it does have a speaker test mode.

edit: just noticed that Newegg has 20% off with code EMCNEHE248 on a good 6 foot Toslink optical cable that expires today: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for that, yes I have tried both the Gigabyte and the Realtek latest drivers, initially the playback control panel showed the front panel but it was disconnected, I then decided to remove the front panel device and it has never come back. It probably needs some deep registry hacking to get it back but as to getting it to work is another matter.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2012 8:07:19 PM

The Newegg comment probably seemed random -- I meant that for a different post. :) 

I had a machine with odd problems like that, and I think was a Gigabyte board. I couldn't get it solved until I deleted all the drivers and turned off the on board sound in the bios, restarted a time or two, and then re-enabled the on board sound and reinstalled the drivers. Don't know if that will work for you, but I would not recommend making registry changes to fix it and I change registry keys all the time.

m
l
May 28, 2012 8:08:41 PM

Hi, I got the device back but it will not recognise a variety of headphones
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2012 8:11:32 PM

Are you attaching them to a front panel or a line out with an adapter on the motherboard back panel?
m
l
May 28, 2012 10:40:36 PM

I am using the front panel. Yeah I tried to buy from Newegg in the past but they don't ship to Australia
m
l

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 28, 2012 11:26:52 PM

Try to buy an adapter 3.5 mm to 1/4 inch TRS jack (standard headphone size) or try a set of headphones that have a 3.5mm jack -- either from the motherboard back panel.
May 29, 2012 3:55:53 AM

Thanks, It will probably come to that, I will run a break-out box to the front and disconnect the main speaker while using the headphones to keep the little old lady happy. I have also shot off a message to Gigabyte, I have always found them very helpful and quick, absolutely nothing in their FAQ's. :bounce: 
m
l
May 29, 2012 3:56:40 AM

Best answer selected by libris50.
m
l
June 3, 2012 9:44:29 PM

This is Gigabyte finally replied, basically a cop out.

Dear Maxwell Jordan,

Thank you again for your kindly mail. According to Microsoft Windows 7 hardware and driver design requirement, this product does not fully support Windows 7. So we do not have relevant driver for this OS.

Besides, if you install Windows7 on this motherboard, it is possible to cause issues like: not able to install OS or system unstable, etc. Therefore, we do not suggest you to install Windows 7 on this motherboard. Please install the genuine Windows XP/Vista and update service pack to the latest to see how it works.

However, if the problem still occurs, we suggest you to contact your supplier (where you bought this motherboard) and see if they can help you to do the further examination.

Regards,
GIGABYTE
m
l
!