Windows 7 capture device

rickydee

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
easycap claims to be windows 7, 64 bit compatible, but it isn't. it's useless. I'm about to purchase corel videostudio pro x3. does anyone know of a capture device that works with windows 7, 64 bit and the corel products? ~ rick

rickydee

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

I'm trying to capture analog VHS tapes from a vcr and convert them to digital files such as mpeg2, mpeg4, WMV, avi. The devices i see in stores and online aren't windows 7 64bit compatible. They aren't even vista 64bit compatible. Today's shopping trip was another exercise in educating an uninformed employee. Does anyone know who makes a USB 2.0 capture device that's designed to work with windows 7?

I wanted to convert my VCR and Lazer Disk collection to DVDs. Had a Liteon DVD recorder for recording TV. Compusa (alas gone) had the perfect anser - a Sima GoDVD.
Worked great and it would copy my VCR tapes that were copy protected. It also allowed me to back up my DVDs that, at that time, computer software (DVD Shrink) would not backup. They were driven off the market. I just googled and found one sourse for like $175 - Bought mine for like $75 on sale.

As huron point out if you want to go to computers, he provided a link. When I did a google search for "simo GoDVD" some other options poped up. NOTE: also have the Liteon recorder with both VCR and DVD deck, but found it would NOT record some VCR tapes to DVD do to Copy protection.

My method would be more expensive, But then I just turned the DVD recorder and the VCR deck on and walked away, came back to a completed DVD. For editing I could just pop the DVD into the computer.