Sign in with
Your question

Can I have just 1 of my computers connect using a VPN?

Last response: in Networking
January 9, 2013 8:43:40 PM

I have a question about using an Asus N66U router with a VPN service like hidemyass. I have a cable modem--->N66U----> four computers connected to the N66U, one of which is my HTPC. Is there a way to configure the router so the HTPC can connect to it and use the VPN (hidemyass) while the other computers connect to the internet without using the VPN? If I cannot configure the router to do that, I do have another slightly older Asus with tomato I could use. Would I set the older router up with the VPN, connect my HTPC to it, and then connect the older router to the N66U?

More about : computers connect vpn

January 9, 2013 9:45:12 PM

Most VPN services have client software which can be installed on a single PC if you wish.
m
l
January 9, 2013 9:58:40 PM

Maybe I'm not using the right terminology, sorry. What I'm wanting to do is be able to use a service like tunlr so I can watch shows like BBC while outside the UK. Acording to their web site I have to change the DNS to one of their addresses. So I would like to be able to do that with the HTPC, but not my other computers that are hooked up to the router
m
l
Related resources
January 9, 2013 10:47:50 PM

Well I was able to get it working. I had to set the DNS address in the HTPC and was able to get BBC and some US shows to stream, so all is good. For some reason I thought it had to be set up on the router side (although I guess you could do it that way as well).
m
l
January 10, 2013 9:02:06 PM

I am glad you solved it!
m
l
!