Intel usb3 driver

xeroxed

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Hello,
This is a brand new build computer, I installed Windows7 and went through and updated all drivers through Asus(motherboard). Now each time I start windows, once I make it to the desktop I'm prompted to run iusb3mon.exe.. I click run, nothing happens. I reinstall Intel's usb3 controller drivers, the same prompt still shows up (on restarts). Make it go away, Thanks.

Solution
Ok, as soon as I posted I figure this out, I'm posting this in the event it helps someone else.

I'm not yet used to the aggressive User Control and additional attempts at security by Windows 7. A closer look at this reveals this isn't the driver running again, but the drivers usb monitor and the question is part of Windows 7 security asking if the user wants to allow this program to run. Unchecking the "ask again" checkbox at the bottom fixes the problem, allows the monitor exe to run on it's own and the bothersome dialogs go away.

D'oh!

:)
It's pretty much your job to make the problem go away.
And it's not a Windows 7 issue - it's an Intel software issue probably associated with your Asus hardware.

When you completed the Windows 7 installation and after your first run did were you having the same problem?

Or only after you 'updated all drivers through Asus'?

xeroxed

Honorable
May 27, 2012

I started to notice the problem after my first restart once I updated that particular driver (usb3) through asus.

jimburns

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Any more on this issue? I have a new Asus P8Z77 WS and I'm seeing the same issue. I've uninstalled the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller, rebooted and initiated the driver setup again, but each time once I log back into windows 7 after a reboot, I get the driver wanting to run again.

I'm currently searching for how to remove this from startup as the driver appears to be installed correctly...

Anyone?

Thx, /j

jimburns

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Ok, as soon as I posted I figure this out, I'm posting this in the event it helps someone else.

I'm not yet used to the aggressive User Control and additional attempts at security by Windows 7. A closer look at this reveals this isn't the driver running again, but the drivers usb monitor and the question is part of Windows 7 security asking if the user wants to allow this program to run. Unchecking the "ask again" checkbox at the bottom fixes the problem, allows the monitor exe to run on it's own and the bothersome dialogs go away.

D'oh!

:)

Solution

xeroxed

Honorable
May 27, 2012

Thanks Jim, I'll give that a shot.

theclarks1

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

This message states not just to run this program again, but to ask before this type of file runs. So from now on when you uncheck that box, any EXE that runs at startup, malware, virus, spyware, will be able to run when the system starts. This is not a solution, its a problem with the ASUS drivers from what I can tell.

zexalex

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
Facing the same issue here with a brand new asus p8z77-v pro

Reason for install - both USB3 in front panel do not work with USB3 external drive. They both work ok with UBS2 thumb drives. One of the panel ports does not work at all, the other works but keeps disconnecting/reconnecting.

Now with the new intel drivers i face this stupid usbmon.exe that wants to run in startup and can't.

I also think the problem is in this driver release.

Does not happen when I install drivers from MB cd.

About to go for my fifth windows reinstall from scratch.

Sequence of installation
intel chipset - intel management engine - intel usb3 - asm usb3 - intel network - intel rapid storage tech

Not going to use the intel rapid storage tecnology in next install.

Not going to use latest drivers, but the ones that came with motherboard cd.

I wil try to install first the ASM usb3 controller and then the intel usb3 (trying to fet my USB3 front panel prots to work...).

Regards,
Alex

gutterboy

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

That's one solution, but that that *only* apply to this file? ...or does that now allow *all* .exe files to run without asking?

A better solution IMO is the one proposed here: https://communities.intel.com/message/183762#183762

cpulord1

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010

I believe unchecking doesn't mean to allow all exe files to run without asking

it specifically says "Always ask before opening this file"