Sony Clie T650C: apps removed by JackSprat

June 3, 2004 5:02:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

greetings,

I need some assistance with a problem with Clie t650c, which a friend
received from colleagues in Asia:

The previous owner removed the Contacts and Date Book apps by using
JackSprat. Now my friend wants to use the full features of this gem of a
PDA, but obviously she cannot. I tried to perform a hard reset for her,
but that did not help. When trying to access the address book or
contacts list she keeps getting the same message: "This application has
been removed by JackSprat". I thought maybe I should try re-loading the
OS (4.1) from an OS Upgrade CD I have (from my Vx days), but it does not
have any ROM images for Clie's.
Unfortunately this model has only been released in Japan and the
Japanese Sony web site is all in... Japanese (of course). So even if
there was an answer there I would not be able to find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Yud
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 5:02:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.os.palm,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 01:02:06 +1000, yud had this to say...

> greetings,
>
> I need some assistance with a problem with Clie t650c, which a friend
> received from colleagues in Asia:
>
> The previous owner removed the Contacts and Date Book apps by using
> JackSprat. Now my friend wants to use the full features of this gem of a
> PDA, but obviously she cannot. I tried to perform a hard reset for her,
> but that did not help. When trying to access the address book or
> contacts list she keeps getting the same message: "This application has
> been removed by JackSprat". I thought maybe I should try re-loading the
> OS (4.1) from an OS Upgrade CD I have (from my Vx days), but it does not
> have any ROM images for Clie's.
> Unfortunately this model has only been released in Japan and the
> Japanese Sony web site is all in... Japanese (of course). So even if
> there was an answer there I would not be able to find it.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Yud

The makers of Jacksprat have in the past supplied users with ROM
flashing tools and files.

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson