Windows won't detect BluRay Drive

boldintrepid

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Ok, so I have this IDE DVD Drive and this SATA BluRay Drive (BH08LS20). My Bluray drive doesn't read DVD's or CD's (only Bluray) so I have to put both drives in the machine. Now sometime before, I was able to have both working at once. I removed the Bluray drive for another PC for awhile and have now returned it to its original PC. The problem is, now Windows won't detect the Sata drive even though the BIOS detects it. A few days ago, Windows kept having BSOD INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE and kept going into infinite reboot and "Automatic Repair". It has since stopped but I want to use my BluRay Drive! How do I have both of them working together?

MichaelSP

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
My first question would be, have you tried DVDs and CDs in the blu-ray drive? If its a case of the drive being faulty in that respect, you may want to replace it but from its specifications sheet (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136164) it does read all media as expected. As IDE is getting to be old, it may be causing an incompatibility. You may want to try booting without it plugged in to see if that works.

boldintrepid

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012

Sadly, it doesn't read DVD's and CD's, when a disk is put in, the drive keeps spinning and Windows Explorer just freezes. The PC boots without IDE plugged in.

Sounds like a bad drive how old is it unplug your IDE drive go in your bios and make sure you have it set up ok and reboot if that dont work try the drive inanother system if it works there maybe your system is corrupt and you may want to go back when it ran fine or formate it start over using only The blu ray drive not the ide.