Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Offline printer problem

Last response: in Windows 7
May 27, 2012 7:46:02 AM

What does printer offline mean? My printer was working and now says print is offline....HELP SOMEONE PLEASE
May 27, 2012 8:02:40 AM

LEXI_48 said:
What does printer offline mean?

Means your computer can't see you printer.

LEXI_48 said:
My printer was working and now says print is offline....

You are painfully short on details. Firstly, when/what happened that you noticed your printer was "offline".

Next, how is the printer connected to your PC? USB, Wireless, Ethernet, etc.

Thirdly, is the printer itself powered up?

LEXI_48 said:
HELP SOMEONE PLEASE

Relax man. Your printer not working probably isn't the end of the world. I can think of far worse things happening than a simple printer issue.

-----

Now here's what you should do.

Step 1: If you haven't, reboot your computer. Fix it? Yes-Problem Solved / No-See Step 2

Step 2: Power cycle your printer (unplug if for 30 seconds or so, plug it back in) Fix it? Yes-Problem Solved / No-See Step 3

Step 3: Check your printer's connection. Find whatever cable is connecting your printer to your computer and make sure it's plugged it. If it is, unplug and replug it on both your computer and printer. Fix it? Yes-Problem Solved / No-Post back for more help
Score
June 4, 2012 1:18:52 AM

It is a wireless printer...worked when first got it...now two days later will not work.. thank you for helping...and putting this whole thing in perspective..(many things get blown up out of ...when your alone)....tried what you said still not working. Gave it the evil eye...it laughed at me...lol
Score
Related resources
a c 395 $ Windows 7
June 4, 2012 1:27:23 AM

For Windows 7 perform these steps:
Turn printer on:
Start
Programs
Devices and Printers
Right click the printer icon
Click see what’s printing
Click the word printer
Remove check from use printer offline
Make sure it is your default printer and restart the computer.

This might work!
Score
June 5, 2012 1:06:54 AM

LEXI_48 said:
It is a wireless printer...worked when first got it...now two days later will not work.. thank you for helping...and putting this whole thing in perspective..(many things get blown up out of ...when your alone)....tried what you said still not working. Gave it the evil eye...it laughed at me...lol

Do what Area51 said (making sure that nothing is stuck in the print queue). Then possibly try reinstalling the drivers. It's a pretty simple thing to do, and can usually clear things up.
Score
June 5, 2012 10:07:40 AM

Thank you will try when I come home from surgery today. Thanks
Score

Best solution

June 7, 2012 1:07:34 AM

Thank you everyone! I tried the reinstalling the drivers and that cleared it right up! Thank you so much everyone!!!!
a c 395 $ Windows 7
June 7, 2012 1:34:30 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
a c 395 $ Windows 7
June 7, 2012 1:34:42 AM

Best answer selected by Area51reopened.
Score
!